4 | Moment of truth

Up until today, (Y/N)'s whole impression of UA high was based on the information pamphlet. Standing in front of the gates suddenly drove home the fact that this was a real thing that was happening and not some crazy dream, and for the first time in months she felt anxious.

Save it for later. You can't fail now, this is the most effort you've ever put into something that wasn't a video game house.

Taking a deep breath, she took her first steps into UA, winding her way through crowds of exited students. Today's the day, (Y/N). Don't mess it up.

-

After being herded into a huge hall, an overexcited dude who introduced himself as Present Mic started to explain the exam. Under her desk, (Y/N) had hidden a book on dangerous plants, and was currently absorbed in last minute reading.

As her quirk only allowed her to grow plants she was at least a little familiar with, carrying books with her was a good way to avoid being caught out.

However, she was jolted back to reality by somebody's jarring voice.

Wow, if I can drift off even while Present Mic is talking, this dude must be something special.

A tall boy with glasses and blue hair was stood making ridiculous hand gestures and.. complaining about something? As she was on the other side of the hall it was kind of hard to tell. She did, however, see him turn and point to a very familiar looking nerd. When the blue guy was done ranting and had sat down, she caught his eye and waved.

To be honest, it just made her feel better that at least one other person here wasn't hostile.

-

Standing outside what looked like an enormous city, the girl couldn't help but let out a low whistle.

I always wondered where the budget for UA went. Guess this answers my question.

Turning to make her way through the crowd, she accidentally barged straight into whoever was behind her. Backing away, she muttered an apology.

"Hey, you bitch. Watch where you're fucking going."

Any sort of apologetic thoughts going through (Y/N)'s head were immediately squashed by that one sentence. She glared at the guy in front of her, taking in his spiky hair and the utterly furious expression on his face. Christ, he looks like a Pokemon rival or something. Looking him square in the face, she retorted "I apologised, you dumb bastard, how about you act like a decent person and leave me alone?"

Unfortunately, she barely had time to enjoy the look of shock and fury on his face before she heard Present Mic faintly yell that the exam had started.

What followed was a panicked stampede through the gate, leaving her eventually standing alone on a broad street. Hearing a whirr, the girl spun to see a robot scuttling towards her on four legs. Showtime.

She raced towards it, pointing to the ground under its feet. Strands of grass with slender leaves and covered in sticky orbs began to tangle around its feet and choke it up, leaving it smoking and evetually collapsing. Galium aparine, or stickyweed, was easy to produce and hard as hell to get rid of- perfect for saving her energy.

A crash from behind made the girl spin on her heels, brushing (h/c) strands or hair from her face. Anger Management™, her friend from before the exam, was literally blowing up every robot that came near him. Catching his eye, she gave him a cocky grin and mouthed 'one-trick pony'. 

Oh boy, if she thought he was angry before, she had no idea.

"What the fuck did you just say, plant bitch?"

"Bold words from a walking grenade. I said you're a one-trick pony, you bastard."

"I'm going to fucking murder you."

"Heh, you can barely manage the robots. I'd concentrate if I were you, shit-for-brains, or you won't make it!"

The rest of the exam basically blurred into one huge argument-slash-competition with the guy. Between the bickering and shouts of 'I've got more points' and 'I'm doing better', (Y/N) was fairly sure that she managed to do well. At least, she'd battered a lot of robots and hadn't (intentionally) battered any other examinees.

She was also very aware of the fact that exam rules ended when they left the arena. AKA, attacking each other would no longer be forbidden. It was for this reason that she ran immediately after getting let out, and resolved to text Izuku later.

For now, she just wanted to cheat death for a little while longer, and that meant avoiding the angry spiky guy was top priority.

-

(y/n)

hey dude how'd you do in the exam!!

izuku :00

not so good

i got zero points

(y/n)

oh im really sorry..

what happened?

izuku :00

i couldnt find a robot that someone hadnt already beaten

but i saved a girl from the zero pointer, so i guess that might count for something

i dont think i'll get in though.

hbu? why did you run off?

(y/n)

aw dude if they dont let u in thats a mistake.

bet the girl u saved agrees with me too

im sorry for leaving but i pissed off this spiky-looking dude in the exam

looked like he wanted to kill me lol

blonde hair, resting bitch face?

izuku :00

oh god, (y/n) that's kacchan

(y/n)

wait the guy who gives u trouble at school? holy shit

wow im glad i argued with him. prick deserves to be yelled at

izuku :00

oh no please tell me you didn't argue with him

he's going to kill you

(y/n)

dw im hard to kill

gotta sleep now so seeya

but honestly!! i think you'll get in!! have a little faith :)

izuku :00

..thanks, (y/n)(˶′◡‵˶)

-

-

-

A/N: Honestly this was a fun chapter! Also I just.. feel like izuku would use kaomojis. don't fight me on this. Theyre cute like him

Our girl (y/n) has absolutely no sense of self preservation as usual