16 | Things get (even more) intense

Collapsing with a groan against the stadium wall, (Y/N) closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pain of her lovely new collection of bruises. She wasn't really sure how long she sat there for, but eventually she felt a little more refreshed, and voices at the edge of her hearing caught her attention.

"Is she dead?"

"Dude, I have no idea. Hey, (L/N), you okay?"

Sluggishly opening her eyes, the girl saw Kaminari and Sero staring at her with evident concern. Cracking a small grin, she struggled to her feet, muttering small 'ow's and holding her pounding head. "Hey, guys. I'm doing alright, don't worry."

She stretched, and the two boys winced to hear the cracks and pops that her bones produced. "Although I could really use some upgamers."

Poor Sero took the bait. "What's upgamers?"

"aND WELCOME TO MY MINECRAFT LET'S PLAY!" (Y/N) yelled loudly, doubling over and laughing maniacally. 

"Yep, she's fine." her victim deadpanned, as Kaminari joined her and laughed like an idiot. "Hey, the next event starts soon. You guys coming?"

Still giggling quietly, (Y/N) and Kaminari followed him back to the crowd, where the next announcement was about to begin.

-

"The next round is... a cavalry battle!"

Isn't that something to do with horses? Nah, that would be a bit over the top, even by UA's standards... probably?

The girl's internal questioning was cut short as Midnight began to explain the rules.

"Our first place winner from the obstacle race is worth a million points!"

Oh my god. She spluttered with barely contained laughter at the expression on Izuku's face as the crowd turned towards him. 

Realistically, though, she knew she'd end up joining his team regardless. Still dead set on placing high and proving Todoroki wrong, she had decided to stick close to her friends for as long as possible.

"You have fifteen minutes to choose your teams!"

At those words, (Y/N) began to wade through the crowd towards Izuku, which was easier than expected as everyone else seemed to be avoiding him like the plague. Before she could get very far, however, a hand clamped down on her arm.

Turning, she saw the purple-haired boy from before and relaxed a little. "Oh, hi! We keep bumping into each other.. my name's (Y/N) (L/N), by the way."

"Hitoshi Shinsou." With his dead expression and monotone voice, he kind of reminded her of Aizawa, but less scary. "Look, I need one more person for my team, and-"

"Sorry, I can't. The dude who won is a friend of mine, and I'm pretty sure he's on the verge of tears by now. He cries a lot." The girl stated matter-of-factly, flashing him a grin. "Besides, I'm guessing you'll just do whatever you did in the race again to get your team to listen to you, and I'd rather win by myself."

"Good luck, though!" And with that, the girl was back to shoving her way through the crowd, leaving Shinsou slightly confused behind her.

Finally breaking through, (Y/N) charged over to where Izuku was standing with a slightly stressed-looking Uraraka. "GUYS! Can I join your team?"

"YES!" Uraraka yelled, as Izuku looked like he was going to pass out from relief. She reached out and grabbed the girl's arm, possibly to prevent her from running away. 

"By the way, I can't believe you won the whole race! That's so cool." Izuku blushed and gave a wobbly 'thanks' as (Y/N), who's grin was possibly brighter than the sun, nudged his shoulder excitably.