10 | Bad omens

After a few hours of sleep and a whole playlist of extremely shitty vine compilations, (Y/N) (L/N) was refreshed and ready to take on the day.

She even stuck her earphones in on the way to school, turning up her feel-good playlist and quietly singing along.

Unfortunately, when she turned the corner and saw a seething crowd of reporters harassing everyone that came near them, her mood dropped quite a bit. Letting out a stream of curses under her breath, she skirted the crowd, trying to catch sight of another student who could tell her what the hell was going on.

"Um.. excuse me, I need to get through!"

The girl grinned as she heard a familiar voice. Charging forwards, she made out Yaoyorozu being mobbed by a group of reporters, and looking frankly terrified.

She's probably too polite to tell them to piss off. Luckily for her, I'm not.

"Move it, losers!" she elbowed her way through the crowd until she reached her relieved-looking classmate. "Hey, Yaoyorozu. What's going on?"

"I have no idea, but they won't let anyone through." the taller girl let out a stressed groan, causing (Y/N) to frown.

"Have no fear! I am here!" Putting her hands on her hips and doing a god-awful impression of All Might, she sprouted nettles from the pavement, causing reporters to shriek and scatter. When she was finished, there was a clear pathway for them to walk through.

As the two girls began to make their way to the gate, (Y/N) suddenly remembered yesterday's fight. "Hey, I forgot to say, but your quirk is really neat! You nearly beat us in the fight yesterday, and it was two on one!"

Yaoyorozu returned her enthusiastic smile, seeming slightly flustered. "Thank you, (L/N). I actually wanted to say the same to you."

"Aw, thanks! It was definitely fun, that's for sure. Honestly though, I'm not sure what happened with Mineta and Kaminari.." 

The taller girl shuddered. "Me neither, but I was glad to get Mineta out of the way. As long as he's far away from me, he can do what he likes from now on."

(Y/N) was too busy laughing to remember to retract her nettles, leaving the crowd extremely confused and divided down the middle until they shrivelled by themselves a few minutes later. Fairly irresponsible, but then again, they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

-

"I saw the footage from the battle training, and the results."

Resting her chin on her hand, (Y/N) spaced out a little as Aizawa started talking. I wonder if ignoring your teacher counts as self-care. 

Hearing Bakugou's name, she internally prepared for her eardrums to burst, but was surprised to hear a quiet "I know."

I can't have made that much of an impact on him. Midoriya must have talked to him too. Wonder if that was why he missed his train? Hang on, Aizawa's saying something else. Concentrate for once.

"..I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but.."

Running her hand through her hair nervously, (Y/N) snapped her attention back to the classroom. She had no idea what he was talking about, but everyone else looked as freaked out as her, so it couldn't be anything good.

"You need to choose a class president."

Is that it? Rad. At least this is one thing that Izuku can't POSSIBLY break his arm doing.

The whole class started to yell about how they wanted to be class president, and the girl decided to join in, waving her arm in the air like a lunatic. Honestly, it would be fun to win the position, but she didn't have high hopes. The one thing that she had going for her was the fact she wasn't really intimidated by anything, or anyone.