8

"Fuck you Mark."

Jinyoung confronted Mark about the little thing he did last night.

They were in a narrow hallway that Jinyoung made sure was empty, so nobody would witness the murder of Mark Tuan.

"Sorry, something important came up."

"What?" Jinyoung crossed his arms.

"Uhm... ya know... family stuff." He answered, looking everywhere but Jinyoung.

"Why wouldn't you answer my texts?"

"M-my phone... died." Mark stammered.

"Also why the FUCK was Jaebum there?"

"Well... you see..." Mark started, trying to think of an excuse.

Jinyoung looked at him expectantly waiting for an answer.

"I invited Jackson last minute, and I guess he decided to invite Jaebum, but it seems he also couldn't go because... family stuff..." Mark said, not even sure what he was saying at this point.

"YOU LIAR! YOU TRIED TO SET US UP ON A BLIND DATE DIDN'T YOU!?" Jinyoung looked pissed.

"N-no...pfffft. That's funny..."

Jinyoung sighed and began rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Mark listen. I know I said I had feelings for him, but that's all in the past. I don't want anything to do with him anymore." He said.

Jinyoung walked away, going to the direction of his class.

Mark scoffed.

Yea right.

~

Mark and Jackson were in bed, Mark's head buried in Jackson's chest, when a certain plan was brought up.

"What was Jinyoung's reaction last night?" Jackson asked playing with Mark's fingers and finally intertwining their fingers.

"Well, it seems that Jinyoung is pissed at me, but he'll get over it. What about Jaebum?"

"Jaebum didn't even really say anything about it. He just went on with his life unbothered." Jackson shrugged.

"Wow. He's one tough cookie." Mark sighed.

"What's the next phase?"

"Ok, so I thought we could try something different. Let's tell both of them that the other said something about them, but it has to be good. Like, it could be about how great they look or something, but let's not mention their past. Jinyoung is sensitive about it." Mark explained.

"Ok, so we're basically lying to them." Jackson raised an eyebrow.

"No, it's not lying. We're just telling them the truth untold." Mark reasoned.

Jackson chuckled at that.

"Ok, I'll do it when Jaebum gets back." He replied.

"Ok." Mark said smiling.

"Hey Mark?"

"Hmm?"

"What are we?"

~

"Hey Jaebum."

"Yes?"

Jackson walked up to Jaebum, who was in the kitchen looking through the refrigerator.

He leaned against the counter and grabbed an apple.

"So... you wanna know what I heard?"

"What did you hear?" Jaebum asked, running his fingers through his dark hair and turning to look at the latter.

"Mark told me that Jinyoung said you're hot." He said then bit into the apple.

Jaebum started having a coughing  fit, closing the refrigerator in the process.

"W-What?" He finally managed to get out.

"Are you okay?" Jackson questioned, pretending to be completely oblivious to how flustered the other was.

"Yea I'm fine." He answered, his face slightly blushed.

"Well I mean, it's not like I care anyways."

"Riiight." Jackson said, walking out of the kitchen biting into the apple once again.

~

"Jinyoungie!"

Jinyoung turned around to see his best friend running up to him, arms wide and a giant smile on his face.

Mark suddenly jumped on him and gave him a huge hug.

"Why are you so happy?" Jinyoung asked.

"Jackson and I made it official." He squealed.

"Really? Congratulations." Jinyoung smiled.

"Also, I heard Jaebum said something about you."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes upon hearing that name.

"What'd he say?" He said frowning.

"I don't know... something about you being cute or whatever."

"W-What?" Jinyoung said with his eyes widened.

"I'm so happy me and Jackson are dating now." Mark sighed.

Jinyoung just walked next to the other, still startled about what he just said, ignoring the sudden change in subject.

Cute?

Mark looked over to see Jinyoung's reaction.

He was happy to see the latter was blushing with widened eyes.

"Gotta get to class." Mark said, leaving Jinyoung to recollect his thoughts.

~

What does he mean 'hot'?

I'm supposed to make him hate me not swoon over me.

Jaebum was walking to class, trying to decipher what in the hell just happened.

He froze in his tracks when he saw the man talking to someone.

Shit.

What do I do?

~

Jinyoung was listening to Youngjae rant about some assignment or whatever, but his mind was clouded with the situation at hand.

Cute?

I'm supposed to hate him, not get all flustered when he compliments me.

Jinyoung shook his head aggressively.

"Are you ok?" Youngjae asked.

"I'm fine."

Jinyoung started looking around the room as Youngjae continued his rant.

Fuck.

He saw Jaebum frozen where he was standing.

Jinyoung felt a blush creeping up his cheeks.

They stared at each other for what felt like eternity, when Jinyoung finally pulled away from his intense gaze.

He looked at the ground, and felt slight disappointment when he saw Jaebum walk away through his peripheral vision.

He wasn't sure why, but all he felt in that moment were butterflies in his stomach and the accelerating beat of his heart.

A/N: this chapter sucks and it doesnt even make sense lmao

dont worry though, they will get closer in time

and you will find out more about Jaebum

please vote, comment, and share!