16

"So what did you want to tell me?"

After their blissful morning together, Jinyoung and Jaebum brought the box of donuts to Jackson's house.

Currently, the group of men were sitting in the living room of the Wang residence.

Mark was practically sitting on Jackson's lap, Jinyoung next to Jaebum holding his hand, and Bambam sitting on the edge of the couch bouncing his leg up and down.

"Let's talk privately." Bambam said standing up in front of Jaebum.

"Whatever you're gonna say, you can say it in front of all of us." Jaebum said looking around at his new friends and nodding with a smile before looking back at Bambam.

It's true. Jaebum did feel alot closer to everybody.

He wasn't sure of what suddenly washed over him, maybe it was his renewed relationship with Jinyoung, but he was happy.

Bambam hesitantly sat back down. The look on his face told Jaebum this was a serious matter, but with everybody here, he felt he was ready for anything.

Bambam took a deep breath looking down before meeting eyes with Jaebum and finally speaking.

"Win called me."

With that, Jaebum was met with everything he had been running away from up until this point.

His grip on Jinyoung's hand tightened, and Jinyoung didn't fail to notice the tension between the two conversing.

"He told me that they know we're in Seoul. They're coming for us, Jaebum." Bambam furrowed his brows as he said this, fear evident in his eyes.

Jaebum burried his face in his hands cursing under his breath.

The loss of warmth and contact of the other's hand made Jinyoung's heart sink, the feeling still lingering in his palm.

"Who's Win? What's going on?" Mark finally decided to speak up seeing the distraught look on his best friend's face.

There was a moment of silence in the room as the tension rose.

"I joined a mafia." Jaebum mumbled into his hands, loud enough so everyone could hear.

At that moment, everybody but Bambam had a shocked look on their face.

"W-What?" Jinyoung mumbled incoherently.

Jaebum sighed and lifted his head up to look at Jinyoung with a regretful face.

He opened his mouth to speak, but in the end he closed it and looked back down.

"Well, I helped a mafia." He said.

"What are you talking about?" Jackson chimed in, just as confused as the others.

Jaebum huffed and realized that he couldn't run away from this problem anymore.

Especially if it put the love of his life in danger.

"I was a teen without parents. I blamed everyone for it even though it was nobody's fault... This led me to a life of crime." Jaebum started.

"Thailand is known for it's gangs and criminals, and I fell into a bad crowd. That's where I met Bambam believe it or not." He looked over at Bambam and flashed a small smile before looking back down.

"I had a friend who was in a mafia. He was my mentor in Thailand, and because of that, of course I'd do anything for him... Even put my life on the line."

Jaebum smiled at the old memories as the other people in the room silently listened.

"Then I helped his mafia with some business with an enemy gang. We got into some trouble and... they killed him. I ran because I knew that they were going to come after me next, and Bambam ended up coming with me."

Jinyoung put his hand on the older's and gave it a reassuring squeeze, telling him it was ok to go on.

"I wanted to run away and get a fresh start, so Bambam and I came here. I thought I could run away from my problems and forget it.

"When I came back to Korea, I was just as happy to see Jinyoung as he was to see me... but I was scared of what he would think of me."

Jaebum turned to Jinyoung and held his hands, his gaze burning through the other's eyes.

"This is why I was ignoring you. I knew that after the things I did in Thailand, people would try to come after me. I thought it would be ok now. I wanted to keep you safe, but I just couldnt ignore you anymore. I didn't know that they would find me. But now that we're together, they might realize that and come after you too."

Jaebum quietly said those last few words as he came to terms with this reality.

"B-But Jaebum..." Jinyoung tried to argue as the others stayed quiet and watched.

"I'm walking around with a target on my back... and you need to understand that."

Jinyoung quickly pulled him into a hug and embraced him tightly.

"It's ok." He whispered into his ear.

"It will be alright."

"I'll stay with you no matter what." He whispered these reassuring words once again, still holding the other tightly.

"I love you."

A/N: sorry this chapter was a bit late but here's an explanation

ANNOUNCEMENT

this is the first book of three; the got7 au trilogy

all of the books will have different storylines and ships and such but will be connected

then i might do a cute oneshot about youngjae and coco bc we cant leave him out

i also might do another book series that's gonna be taekook and yoonmin (possibly namjin) and they are gonna be badass and have dark themes

anyways thank you for all of the reads and votes! it means so much to me!

please vote, comment, and share! ❤