Chapter 21: Peeta The Killer

I feel the weight of his body on me. I fumble around for something to grab, but he's pinned me down. I can't move. He raises his sword and aims for my head. I move it at the last second before he stabs the ground. He draws it back up in anger and stabs my shoulder instead. I let out a piercing scream.

"Peeta!" I scream.

I carry on screaming as the boy's face turns white. He slumps onto me and his grip loosens. I stop.

"Peeta..." I look up to see Peeta towering over the boy and I.

He comes over to my arms and drags me out from beneath the boy.

"Boom!" Peeta killed him.

He killed another tribute; protecting me. He hugs me but I pull away in pain. My shoulder drips with blood and stings like mad. I've never felt anything like this before.

"I'm not going to lie," He inspects my shoulder, "it doesn't look good."

"I know."

I sigh and fall back only the floor. The pain is too much to bare.

"I know you'll get better, Prim. We've just got to give it time."

"Just stop Peeta! Stop deluding yourself! I'm not going to get better! I'm going to die here, in this arena! There's nothing anyone can do to save me!" I can't hold it back anymore, "Not even you can save me! Just go Peeta. Okay? I'm only holding you back. I know you can win this, but not with me with you..."

He doesn't reply. He sits down next to me and copies the angry expression on my face.

"Did you listen to anything I just said?!" I yell.

"I heard, that doesn't mean I listened," He gives me a small smile, I don't return it, "Look, Prim, I'm not going to leave you. Whether you like it or not, we're stuck together."

I know he's not going to give up. Not now. He's sacrificed too much to leave me. I'll just have to find another way to separate us...