{1}

~No One's POV~

A girl calmly sat crisscross apple sauce in the middle of a tiny room, a black blind fold stopping her from seeing anything; her hands resting on her knees as she sat in silence, meditating. She's been doing the same thing on a loop for the last seven years. She'd wake up, be fed, sit on the floor and meditate, be fed again, talk to a Physiatrist, be fed, then go to bed. But it was for the best like this.... Wasn't it? Yes she's been living in darkness for years, but this way no one will get hurt. Or anymore hurt at least. A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts as someone walked it, sitting in front of her with a tray beside them.

"Hey Lidia, ready to eat?" Her nurse Sage said, messing around with something on the tray. ?(Sorry if your names Sage, but oh well) "Today they made oatmeal just for you, open wide." The girl opened her mouth and soon felt a spoon enter. "Close" Shutting her mouth the spoon was taken away, leaving the warm food to rest in her mouth. The girl quickly gulped down her food, whispering a thank you to the nurse as she left. She sat waiting until her Physiatrist came in. "Hello Miss Schiavinotto, it's very nice to see you again." Footsteps approached as she felt a presence to her right, a warm hand resting on her shoulder. "How about we get you to your bed, how's that sound?" Nodding slightly he helped her up, leading her by her hand to the twin bed on the left side of the room. She crawled to what she thought was the middle of the bed and sat down, the far corner of the mattress dipping down as Mr. Sheppard took a seat as well.

"Lidia you know why I'm here right?"

The young girl meekly nodded.

"Very good, now please tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when I say these words."

"Cat"

"Dead"

"Dog"

"Dead"

"People"

"Hate"

"Humans"

"Scary"

"Blood"

"Lots"

"Love"

"Fake"

"Kansas"

"....."

"Kansas" Mr. Sheppard spoke a little firmer.

".....Mother..."

~The same time in a different town~

"We lose a national hero... but you sit there looking like that cat that ate the canary." Admiral Burns spoke.

Amanda Waller looked at him "I've eaten a lot of canaries. It's taken some work, but I finally have them; The worst of the worst.

"There's rumors Amanda, that some have....abilities."

"The rumors are right." She took a bite of her steak before continuing. "You know what the problem with a metahuman is? The human part. We got lucky with superman, he shared our values; The next might not."

"You're playing with fire Amanda." Burns spoke taking a swig of his drink.

"We'll fight fire with fire."

"No it's just that, Task Force X Project?"

"Yes. But this time you're gunna listen." Confidence was practically radiating off of the woman as she plops a thick, white binder on the table; opening it to the first page.

"Floyd Lawton, aka Deadshot. He's the most wanted hit man in the world. Let's say he has elite clientele. But everyone has a weakness, and a weakness can be leverage; his is an eleven year old honor student in Gotham City.... His daughter. So we watched her and waited."