Harley Quinn/ Joker

It had been a couple weeks since the whole Task Force X incident. I had not been returned to the asylum like before, but at my request, I was moved into Belle Reve Prison. Just thinking about the asylum made me scowl. I wasn't the same girl anymore. I wasn't the girl who just quietly complied anymore. I had a voice. I was strong. I had killed.

Amanda was nice enough to get me a room similar to the one at the asylum. It was fairly spacious and was a familiar sterile white color. There was a bed pushed vertically against the wall directly across from the door and pushed all the way to the left of the room. And small bowl of cat food and water rested on the floor at the end of the bed. But other than that, the room was empty.

The guards often brought me books to read every couple days along with new supplies for my pet. Honoring her word, Amanda had allowed me to have a cat. obtained a fiery orange cat, a Somali I think, and named her Darla. She was a playful little thing that always begged for attention. Honestly, she reminded me a lot of Harley. Playful and slightly crazy at times, but always loving and caring underneath it all.

Sighing I sat on the floor in the middle of the room, holding Darla in my lap and stroking her fur lovingly. I honestly missed Harley and the rest of the gang... but mostly Harley. She was the closest thing to a family that I've had in a long time. Last I heard she was still here in Belle Reve, locked up in her special cell surrounded by guards.

I hope she got her dang espresso machine..

Laughing to myself I turned my full attention to the feline in my arms.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH

The sounds of many sirens and alarms ringing bursted through the once silent atmosphere. The pounding of footsteps ran past my room from the left, but were soon covered up by the sound of gunfire.

Bzz Bzz

....

Bzz Bzz

...