{10}

"What ya having K.C.?

"Bloody Mary right?"

"Drink dulls the mind."

"K.C. it's the end of the world. Have a drink with us." Harley smiled at Croc form behind the bar.

"...Beer."

"There he is. Give the man a beer." Captain spoke as Croc took a seat to my right.

"How about you, hot stuff?"

"Water."

"That's a good idea honey.... Ninja?"

"You want some sake?"

"....Whiskey."

"What am I twelve?" Floyd asked gesturing to his shot glass as Harley filled it up again. Lifting it up he gazed around at us.

"Here's to honor among thieves."

Katana instantly interjected with denile before waling away.

"Oh, she's not a thief." Floyd mockingly whispered, causing, me to let out a chuckle as Harley refilled my apple juice. We all clinked our drinks together before taking a swig of them.

"Well, we almost pulled it off, despite what everybody thought."

"We weren't picked to succeed. You know that, right? We were all chosen to fail." Chato interrupted.

"Yeah I know that. Worst part of it is, they're going to blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. We're the patsies. The cover-up. Don't forget, we're the bad guys." Floyd finished, taking another shot.

"So you gonna tell us now what your "big deal" with flag was?" Harley curiously asked, spinning a blue drink umbrella in her fingers.

"Same thing Waller offered me to kill you. The chance to be a father. Chance at a life outside the shadows. I trusted Flag-"

A sudden outburst from Chato caused us all to hold in our previous actions.

"Flag had you chasing a carrot on a stink homie. You don't- You don't know that?"

"I love this guy." Harley chimed in quickly before he continued his rant.

"You played yourself dawg."

"Bitch I'm having a drink. I'm breathing fresh air. And, uh, for two sweet seconds... I had hope."

"You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop the wheel from turning my brother."

"Hmm? You preaching?"

"It's coming back around for you. How many people you killed man?"

"You don't ask nobody no question like that ese."

"You ain't ever whacked down no women. No kids."

"I don't kill women or children."

"I do."

It became eerily silent in the bar. I gazed slowly over at Chato to see a look of pain in his eyes.

"See, I was born with the Devil's gift. I kept it hidden for most of my life. But... The older I got, the stronger it got. So I started using it. For business, you know. The more power on the streets I got, the more fire power I got. Like, that shot went hand in hand. You know? One was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell me no. Except my old lady. You know, she used to , uh, pray for me. Even when I didn't want it."

A fire started to burn in his palm in the form of a dancing woman.

"God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away? See, when I get mad, I lose control. You know, I just... I don't know what I do... till it's done."

Slowly he placed a glass over the hand with the dancing woman on it. Smoke started to build up in the glass and the woman fell until she was completely extinguished.

"And the kids?" Captain spoke up from his seat.

"He killed them..." Harley stated. "Didn't you?"

Tears started to form in Chato's eyes as Harley stared him down.

"Own that shit... Own it! What's you think was gonna happen? Huh?"

"Hey Harley, Come on." Floyd tried reasoning with her.

"What, you were just... Thinking you could have a happy family and coach little leagues, and make car payments? Normal's a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get normal!"

"Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth?" Captain bellowed up, stopping Harley.

"You know outside, you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly."

"We all are. We all are! Except for him. He's ugly on the outside too."

"Not me shorty. I'm beautiful," Croc joked, pulling his hood down.

"Yeah you are."

"I-I killed my mom..... and most of my town.."

I don't know why I spoke, but I did. Know all the attention as on me, many looking upon with questioning eyes.

"You? No way."

Caption said, waving me off.

"You're too sweet!" He finished, taking another swig of his drink before Floyd interjected.

"I've always been meaning to ask you what your deal is. You don't fight, you don't steal, but you supposedly kill?"

"I-It's hard to explain.... It's like a mental thing..... I-... I could try and show you if you want?" I questioned to everyone.

"As long as you don't fuck me up I'm game." Captain replied first, chugging the rest of his drink. The rest of Task Force X gave me nods as they prepared themselves. Letting out a deep breath I thought of an island, covered from head to toe in brightly covered flowers. The sun was high in the sky and the aqua waves of the sea lapped against the white sand on the beach.

Opening my eyes, I looked around to see everyone with a far off look in their eyes, some even smiling. With a wave of my hand the illusion was gone and they were catapulted back to the present.

"Wow... That was freaking awesome!" Harley squealed, throwing herself halfway over the counter to hug me.

"Yeah but, how does that kill someone?" Floyd questioned.

"S-Sometimes I get carried away, and um, they get stuck...."

Thankfully I didn't have to explain anymore as I was interrupted by the door to the bar opening. I became silent again as Rick entered the building, walked past half of the chairs, and plopped down next to me.

"We don't want you here."

Rick completely ignored Harley and initiated a conversation with Flyod.

"You get to the part in that binder saying I was sleeping with her?"

"Yeah.... I never been with a witch before. What's that like?.... Apparently, that's why the creatures chase him all the time. Cause, uh, the witch is scared of him."

"The only woman I ever cared about is trapped inside that monster. If I don't stop the witch, it's over. Everything is over. Everything.... You're free to go."

I looked up in shock as Rick ripped the tablet off of his arm and slammed it on the counter repeatedly, breaking it. Captain instantly jumped up and made a dash towards the door and Harley started to raid the liquor stash. The sight of Flag pushing something over to Floyd caught my attention.

"Your daughter writes you every day. Every single day..."

I was silent for a few moments while Floyd picked up the first letter from the stack. Flag quickly got up, grabbed his gun, and took off for the door. His attempts to escape were quickly halted as Floyd shot up, grabbed Flag by the coat and swung his around.

"You had these the whole time?" He accused, waving the letters around in Rick's face.

"You had letters from my daughter the whole time?... I'm gonna get you there. And you gonna end this. I'm gonna carry your ass if I have to. Cause this shit gonna be like a chapter in the bible. Everybody's gonna know what we did. And my daughter is gonna know that her daddy is not a piece of shit."

And with that final declaration, him and Rick rand out the doors of the bar.

"I'll come! What? You got something better to do? Come on!" Harley yelled, grabbing my hand as she walked b, successfully yanking me out the door. "Pussies."