Rick Flag

/

I awoke with a start as images of horror flashed across my mind. My eyes hastily raked across my surroundings as I soaked the information in. I was in a small yet cozy room that was currently being illuminated by the flash of lightening outside of the glass sliding door. Rain pelted the clear surface as another boom of thunder rocked my mind.

I was in a bedroom.

Laying on top of a bed on my right side.

I went to turn over only to be stopped by a strong arm wrapped firmly around my waist. Relaxing I snuggled even closer into his chest as I wrapped my arms around the one that was resting over my body.

The man behind me stirred slightly in his sleep as she let out a low sound. The bed dipped and moved as he shifted himself.

"Another one?"

His concerned voice asked as his breath tickled my neck slightly. I gave him a small nod as I closed my eyes, letting him place a gentle kiss upon my jaw.

"It's okay baby, I'm right here."

Smiling, I opened my eyes and quickly shifted around until I had flipped over, finally being able to see the face of my hero.

My prince.

My savior.

My everything.

Rick laid there in all his tired glory. His hair was suffering from a bad case of bed head and was sticking up at many gravity defying angles. But to me, he was still perfect. He saved me from the hell hole I was suppose to live in. And more importantly, he saved me from Amanda, and I couldn't thank him enough for that.

"I love you"

I sighed out as I closed my eyes and snuggled even closer into his warmth.

"I now, and I love you too." He replied as I let out a content sigh, feeling his arms wrap around me.

Together we laid in silence until the rain and the many thoughts of our future together eventually lulled us both to sleep in each other's arms.