Chapter 11 - Pain

I knew deep down that the mark was only the first part of the transition but I was constantly on edge.

I don't know how long I was there for but it seemed too long. I knew that if I was stuck there for too long then I would go insane. 

Finally after what seemed like an eternity Harper returned. I was just glad to know that everything in the world had gone missing even though I wouldn't at all be sad if Harper mysteriously disappeared.

'Have you calmed down now Nathan?' She drooled in that mocking voice. I left her question unanswered and kept my eyes averted to the floor. 

'I'll take that as a yes then.' She said sternly.

I kept my eyes on the floor. The scent of some strange food wafted towards me and all of a sudden the need to be sick hit me.

Before I knew what was happening I lurched forward and emptied my pretty much empty stomach. I wiped my mouth with my hand and looked to Harper who had a look of disgust on her face.

'Nice to know you like the smell of the food I prepared for you.' She put the tray in her arms on the floor.

'I suppose you don't want to eat but I'll leave it here anyway.' She turned to leave the room and I looked at the odd looking soup in the plain bowl.

My head was suddenly hit against the wall and my head positioned slightly to the side. A gasp escaped my lips as I realised that Harper's head was heading towards my neck. I struggled but there was no point with the grip she had. I less than two seconds I felt two sharp points rest on the skin of my neck and slowly push onto it until the skin broke and they dived deeper towards my main artery.

It felt like the soreness in my neck would never leave and neither would Harper, I breathed a sigh of relief as she let go of me.

I let out a pained scream as something toxic invaded my veins. Spreading along the surface of my skin from the bite wound and then after it covered me in a painful blanket it started to seep further and further into me.

I was helpless. Paralysed while the pain consumed me and dragged me yet again into darkness.

I was in the transition.