Chapter 10 - Trapped

I don't know how long I had be unconscious all I knew was that my head hurt. I opened my eyes and blinked at the light waiting for them to adjust.

I looked around the dirty looking dungeon-like room. The walls were bare and looked like they were once grey but were now covered in inches of grime. I scrunched up my nose as it picked up the rotten smell, it was as if something had died there! My hand reached up to rub my sore head. 

That's when I realised I was chained to one of the solid walls. Great. My head craned upwards and realised there was a small opening at the top of the room, it produced the only light in the room and gave out a striped effect on the floor from the bars that crossed it.

My feeble attempts at pulling at the chains didn't do anything apart from making me even more angry.

I noticed a door on my far left, made of heavy looking wood and had the same bars as the skylight. Harper's face appeared from behind the bars, I stood up pulling with what little strength I had left.

'Where have you taken me?! You bitch!!' She shook her head and unlocked the door.

She walked in with the same evil smirk on her face. She bent forward and pulled up the skirt of her dress to reveal a mark on her thigh.

It was the mark that was part of the symbol of the Council.

'This, Nathan darling, is what you are going to have.' She said gesturing to the mark.

'Why would I want that filthy mark on me?!'

'Because you are going to join my world.' She said as if we were having a normal convocation, she let go of her skirt in her hands.

I coiled away from her wishing the wall would swallow me as she walked towards me. She grabbed my face with her slender fingers.

'Who said I was giving you a choice?' She hissed through her teeth.

She grabbed my right hand and closed her eyes. Her eyebrows knitted together in concentration and that's when it started.

A stinging sensation rushed trough my body and lingered on my right hand near my thumb. I looked down at the black mark that would surrender me to darkness for eternity.

I pulled my hand away, she marked me.

'Welcome to my world Nathan.' She smiled and made her way out of my cell.