Chapter 26 - Connections

I don't know what happened.

One second I was sat at the edge of the garden that belonged to Megan's parents and the next I see the owl landing softly before her. She giggled before stroking it.

'Where have you been Snowy?' She asked in a soft voice as her fingers plunged into its coat of feathers. She had seen it before?

I don't know why but I stepped out into the garden, she looked at me with her innocent eyes. 'Do you know her?' She asked sweetly. I nodded.

'Sometimes she talks to me.' she said in a matter-of-fact voice.

'Really! What does she say?' I know what young children are like with their imaginations.

'She talks about you. She said you are going to look after me.' She smiled brightly at me.

'She hasn't said anything about you to me.'

'She doesn't want to talk to you yet. She's not ready.' I shrugged.

We talked for a while, I introduced myself and she told me a lot of things. She always wanted to ride a horse or at least stroke one, she said that her mummy told her she was going to have another little brother or sister, she liked to play tag in the meadow not far from here when her dad wasn't at work.

She was such a sweet little girl. I made her promise that she didn't tell her mum about me because we were in the 'secret friends club' her face lit up at having a secret friend. Her mum called her for dinner and I swept away just in time before her mother came into the garden to get her.

I took my time on the journey home not really wanting to leave her but I had to stick to Emily's rules because she needed all the help she could get because tonight was the night we met with a nearby pack of werewolves. She was excited to finally get her chance at being a mother and Siva was content with her happiness.

I opened the door to Emily shouting from upstairs for me to get ready. Sometimes she was like a mum to all of us. We all gathered in the living room while her and Siva finished getting ready. They were down the stairs and out the door in a flash.

'Hurry up you lot!' she shouted behind her as her and Siva rushed through the woods. In not time at all we arrived in front of a village of some sorts. Log cabins were dotted around the woodland and in the centre was the largest. Emily skipped up to the door and knocked twice before looking into Siva's eyes a little worried as how this would turn out.