Chapter 19 - Pieces

Emily struggled with the pieces in her grip but gently lowered them to the ground. 'Piece together the puzzle my dear.' She said like she was having the most normal convocation.

She frowned slightly as she kneeled down by the pieces and placed them together. They obviously didn't piece together perfectly but it was the best fit possible. The tall lady smiled as Emily rose from kneeling on the ground.

'Now I want you to click your fingers twice and whisper wake up in her ear.' Emily frowned as she kneeled beside the pieced up body again and did as she said. 'You might want to stand back they sometimes lash out.'

She backed up as the pieces seemed to quiver and crash into each other like metal to a magnet. The flesh knitted together, turning pink then returning to the usual pale palor of undead skin. 

A chock rose from the girls throat as she sat up. A horrified look was on her face. She looked perfect.

Her hair was brunette that fell just below her ear but didn't quite reach her shoulders, her eyes shone blue with an entrancing shade of grey added to the mix. I just wanted to run up and kiss her but I knew I couldn't, it would only bring attention to myself.

I had finally found my soul mate.

She looked up to the tall woman with an expression of a deer in headlights. She shifted back slightly.

'So that is how you revive your army now how to get rid of the evidence of the opposing side.' She smirk before gently nodding to a few of the guards stationed at the perimeter of the clearing. They neared her and all I wanted to do was rip their heads off.

They picked her up, one on each limb. It clicked in my head what they were going to do, how dare they even think of doing that to her!

I leaped forwards onto the back of one of the men holding her but it did nothing. I was dragged off by another guard and forced to kneel and watch as the person destined for me was returned to mere pieces of flesh and cloth.

'Now I suppose you are familiar with the herb vervain.' She said before looking through the crowd to see people nodding slightly.

'You will need to put a small piece on each part to be burned, that way they cannot be awakened again from ashes.' She looked at me her eyes smiling, it filled me with disgust.

She turned back round to the remains of her and produced a pouch of vervain before sprinkling it lightly on the pile before lighting it with flint and steel.

That was the end to my mate. I just met her and she was taken away from me. I didn't even know her name.