15. You Said You Loved Me As You Left Me

"Why is there an empty milk carton in the fridge?" Andy called out.

"I had cereal for breakfast," I explained.

"And you couldn't have thrown it away?"

Shrugging, I said, "Sorry, I forgot."

Andy sighed, throwing the carton in the trash.

Andy and I had been living together for a little over a month and we'd discovered it was a lot different than living together on the tour bus. There were bad habits we both had that neither of us noticed until now. For example, Andy never remembered to put the cap back on things after he opened them. Almost everytime I walked into the bathroom, I had to put the cap back on his toothpaste or various hair products. However, Andy wasn't the only one with annoying habits. I tended to forget to throw away empty food containers. Andy was right that it was a bad habit, but it just never crossed my mind. Regardless of our respective tendencies, we still got along really well and almost never fought.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be packing?" I asked.

Andy frowned, "Yeah, but I'm putting it off. Partly because I'm lazy, but also because I don't want to leave you."

"Aww... baby, I don't want you to leave either. I'm going to miss you so much, but it's only a month. We'll be back together before you know it."

"I just don't know what I'll do without you. You're my starlight. Just thinking about being away from you, honestly, makes me physically hurt."

"I feel the same way. Just remember, touring and making music is what you love to do, it's your dream. I'll always be here waiting for you and supporting you."

Andy kissed me. Our lips pressing together tenderly, lingering for a moment, and pulling apart. "That's one of the many reasons why I love you," he whispered.

"Show me how much you love me," I replied quietly.

Grinning, he lifted me up, placing me on top of the dining room table and kissing me passionately. I tugged at his shirt, breaking our kiss to pull it over his head. In mere moments, we were both out of our clothes, warm flesh against warm flesh.

Andy stared into my eyes, his blue ones piercing me. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I murmured. Andy nodded slightly, then pushed me back, flat against the table. Andy leaned over me, thrusting his hips against mine, both of us lost in a moment of lust.

I woke up in bed the following morning to the sound of rustling and an empty space beside me. Blinking my eyes open, I saw Andy standing by the closet doors, pulling clothes out and haphazardly tossing them onto the empty spot on the bed. 

"Last minute packing?" I asked.

He glanced up and smiled at me. "Yeah, some temptress distracted me from packing last night."

"Oh, how dare she," I said. Sliding out of bed, I walked over to the dresser and pulled out a bra and a pair of boyshorts. After changing into them, I turned around to see Andy staring in my direction. "Were you just staring at me the whole time? You're such a creep."

Andy laughed. "I can't help myself, you're sexy, baby."

I grinned and gave him a quick kiss. "Thanks, but focus on packing. It's already 9:00 AM, and your flight leaves at noon."

 I grabbed a few of Andy's suitcases and began folding his clothes and placing them inside. After an hour, we finished packing everything he'd need for the trip. After taking a shower and getting dressed, we heard a knock on the door.

I walked to the front of the house and opened it, seeing Ashley and Jake standing before me.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We didn't want to leave our cars at the airport for a month, so we figured we'd just ride with you and Andy," Jake explained.

"Okay, well, come inside. We're living in like 15 minutes. You have all your shit, right?"

"Yeah, it's in my car outside," Jake replied. The boys walked inside, heading immediately into the kitchen.

They opened the fridge and began looking for food. "Help yourself," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks, Hailey," Jake mumbled, his mouth already stuffed with a slice of leftover pizza.

Ashley and Jake headed into the dining room and sat down at the dining table. Ashley rested his head on the cool oak wood. 

"I'm so tired. It's too early to be awake," Ashley whined.

"Uhh...," I murmured.

Andy walked in and glanced at Ashley and Jake. "We had sex on that table," he stated.

"Eww," Jake and Ashley said, simultaneously jumping back.

I laughed. "Ok, seriously, guys, we have to leave right now."

The boys loaded all the bags into the car and then we headed to the airport. The closer we got to LAX, the harder it was to hide my sadness. I linked my hand with Andy's as he drove. Sooner than I would have liked, we arrived at the airport. Andy parked and we walked down to the airport, luggage in tow. Ashley and Jake walked ahead of us, clearly seeing that we wanted to spend our last few moments together.

Andy and I walked silently, hand-in-hand. The guys checked their bags and continued through the airport. Too soon, we reached airport security, where we would have to seperate. I said goodbye to Ashley and Jake, who went ahead. Andy and I stood to the side.

I bit my lip and blinked quickly, trying to hold back my tears. Until this point, I had done such a good job at holding back how sad Andy leaving made me. However, as I prepared to watch him walk away from me, I could barely contain my emotions. 

Andy pulled me into a tight hug, whispering, "It's only a month. I'll be back before you know it."

His reassurance just made me even more upset. I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks.

"I know," I said, my voice quiet and shaking. "I'm just going to miss you."

Andy pulled back, running his thumbs under my eyes and wiping away my tears. "Please don't cry, starlight."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to cry. Just have fun and be safe, okay? Call me when you land."

"I will, I promise, and I'll be back before you know it."

"I love you," I said, gazing into his bright blue eyes.

"I love you too, starlight."

Andy kissed me one last time before pulled away and walking into the airport security line. I watched him dissapear from view. Turning around, I could already feel the tears pouring down my cheeks once again. As much as I wanted to be strong, intense sadness was already gripping me. I moved to the side, taking a few deep breaths, and collecting myself. Once the tears had stopped, I walked out to Andy's car and began the drive to our empty home. 

Later, at almost midnight, my phone rang. I saw Andy's name flash across the screen and quickly answered.

"Hey, baby. How's London?"

"Beautiful, but nowhere near as beautiful as you. What are you up to?"

I sighed, "Selling my soul for clothes on the internet."

"Online shopping?" Andy asked.

"Yep. What about you?"

 "We just got settled at the hotel for the night," Andy began, but was cut off by a loud commotion. "Shit. What the hell, CC?" After a few moments, Andy returned his attention to me on the phone. "CC and Ashley found water guns. I'll talk to you later, okay, babe?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too, starlight," Andy said, before hanging up.

Shutting down my laptop, I crawled into bed, missing Andy's presence beside me.

Aww... they had to leave each other. :c We have about 5 or 6 chapters left, by the way.