Last Spoken Words [Infinite Sunggyu]

Last Spoken Words

Characters: Salmah and Infinite's Sunggyu

Genre: sad 

Author: Hanisah

_____________________________________________________

I looked at the person that I love. He was standing by the vending machine, waiting for his turn. I looked above his head that has number ‘3’ written on it. If only I could change fate…

    “Ya, gwenchana?” Sunggyu asked, tilting his head to the side.

    “Huh? Oh yeah, I’m great,” I said, nodding as I grabbed the can of drink from his grasp.

    “You were spacing out, that’s all,” he shrugged.

I gave him a smile. We walked together in silence for a while before he broke the silence.

    “I want to tell you something,” he muttered.

I turned my head to look at him who was still looking forward, as if he never said anything in the first place.

    “What is it?”

    “Not now,” he turned his head to face me, “in three days I’ll tell you.” He winked.

I shook my head and chuckled. What he said had startled me. He wanted to tell me something in three days… but in three days he will…

    “Salmah, you’re spacing out again,” he informed, knocking my head playfully.

    “Mianhae…”

------------

I woke up the next day with mixed emotions. Sunggyu promised to come over today. But since today is a new day, it means the number above his head had lessens. I couldn’t bear it. I felt like crying.

Ever since I was young, I could see the countdown of a person’s death starting from ‘10’. I was always frightened whenever numbers started popping up above a person’s head.

After showering, I prepared a simple breakfast for me and waited for Sunggyu to come. Not long after, the doorbell rang and I ran out of my seat towards the door to greet him.

    “Annyeong!” he greeted merrily.

    “Annyeong,” I replied, giving him a soft punch.

He invited himself in and leaned towards my ear.

    “You look pretty,”

I blushed. This wasn’t the first time he complimented me. But whenever he compliments me, my heart beat speeds up. As if I had run a mile.

    “Ha. Ha. Ha,” I laughed insincerely, indicating that I am not agreeing with him.

    “It wasn’t supposed to be funny,” he pouted.

    “You sure?” I enquired, “It seems funny,” I shrugged my shoulders before walking towards the living room, leaving him in the hallway.

We sat on the sofa, next to each other with no measurements between. Or in other word, our shoulders were touching.

    “We need to watch it,” I enthused.