7

Three hours later, we were still at the coffee shop.

Lola had finished her story about her sexy night with Michael. Stella had glanced over at Luke at least a few hundred times. And I had told them both about what had happened last night at the station.

We were laughing at an inside joke when Luke walked up to our table. "Stella," he said, catching her attention.

Stella turned around to look at him. She couldn't tell, but Lola and I were already planning their wedding together, mentally, in our heads, behind her back.

"I wanted to ask if you were coming to the party tonight." Luke asked, looking at her.

"Yeah," Stella said, "I think so."

"She'll be there," Lola butted in.

A wide smile spread on Luke's face. "Great," he said, "I look forward to seeing you there."

Stella turned back towards us. Both Lola and I were staring at her with mischievous smiles.

"What?" she asked, confused.

Lola sighed, "Oh, poor, naïve, little Stella," she spoke, "did you seriously not notice how he asked you specifically if you were going to the party tonight?"

"So?" she asks, still not understanding.

I groan, "Stella," I say, "he wants to know if you'll be at the party," I explain. "He wants to see you there."

"And?" she asks.

"Dammit, Stella," Lola complains, "he likes you. He asked if you'll be at the party because he wants to see you there. And maybe even feel you up under that hot dress you'll be wearing, the one you bought at the mall last week."

"Just because he asked me if I'm going to be at the party, that doesn't mean he wants to see me naked," Stella argues.

"Yes it does," I say, "It's like the first rule in the shy guy's handbook."

"There isn't an actual handbook for this," Stella rolls her eyes. "And it doesn't have to mean anything."

"Whatever," Lola gives up. "You're still wearing that hot dress you bought at the mall last week. If he wasn't thinking of undressing you before, he will after he sees you in that dress."

Stella giggled, failing at hiding her true feelings, "I'm sure he will."

Lola turns to look at me, "You should come," she tells me.

"I wasn't invited," I say.

"It's the senior party we've been waiting for since we were freshmen," Lola explains, "Everyone's invited to that."

The senior party was sort of a tradition in town. It was a party thrown by one of the seniors. Only seniors attended and it is easily one of the most epic parties of the year. Usually they were hosted by someone with a large house, one which had multiple activities to choose from, whether the pool or ping pong, and sometimes even batting cages.

Lola, Stella, and I had been imagining our senior party since we were freshmen.

"You're coming," Stella urged.

"No need to tell me twice," I smile.

×××

"I seriously have nothing to wear," I groan as I look through my closet one last time. "I can't believe I brought all my clothes with me and still have nothing to wear."

"You can't find anything to wear because you want Calum to notice you," Lola teases.

"That is not true," I poke my head through the closet doorway. "I don't even know if he'll be there."