8

I had never been to Calum's house before.

It was one of the villas located at the top of a hill. I should have known he lived here. He was throwing the senior party after all. Only wealthy kids threw the party.

A relatively large modern house with no particular shape. It instead looked like something asymmetric that had come out of a painting.

I was already in love with it by the time we walked up the porch steps.

Lola rang the doorbell. I wasn't entirely sure anyone would hear us, but a few seconds later, the door swung open.

Calum appeared in the doorway. "Ladies," he smiled, "welcome." He stepped aside, letting us walk in.

Was it just me or did his eyes linger on me.

"Yes," Lola whispered to me, "he was checking you out."

"How did you know I was even thinking that?" I ask.

"I know you, girl," she winks before pulling me further into the room.

I look around. As far as I can see, I recognize almost everyone there. There are people standing by the bar, which connects the kitchen to the living room, waiting for drinks. Others are already either standing by tables and drinking, or walking around with drinks in hand.

"You wanna get a drink?" Stella leans in close to me so that I can hear her.

Stella, despite being the sweetest and most innocent of the group, could drink the most and somehow had the highest alcohol tolerance out of all three of us.

"Sure," I say before following her to the bar.

Stella gets there before me and orders a drink for herself and Lola. I end up ordering myself a Long Island Iced Tea. My favorite.

After getting our drinks, I follow Stella through the crowd as she searches for Lola, two drinks in her grip.

We find her standing by a table, pulling her black miniskirt down. She had paired it up with a baby pink crop top and black platform heels.

She's talking to Michael and Luke. Calum lingers there, clearly not very interested in their conversation.

As I'm walking over to their table with Stella, Calum's eyes scan the room before landing on me. A smile spreads on his face as I approach the table.

"There you are," Stella says as she places Lola's drink in front of her at the table.

Michael scoots closer to Lola, in order to make space for Stella and I at the table.

"Devin!" Michael exclaims, "Welcome back." He raises his glass at me.

"Thank you," I smile.

Stella moves to stand next to Luke. I debate in my head on whether I want to stand between these two couples-in-the-making, alone, or stand next to Calum. I decide on the latter.

"Hey," he says as I walk up to stand next to him. He moves to give me more space at the table. "I never got to greet you specifically before."

"And I am truly offended by that," I joke.

"I know you are," he goes along with the joke, "This is why I'm saying hi to you now."

"You are forgiven," I say.

"Oh good," he smiles, "I couldn't have such a beautiful girl mad at me all night. It would ruin my party mood."

"We wouldn't want that, now would we?" I laugh.