12

After the movie ended, we all piled out of the theater hall and headed towards the exit.

It wasn't very late. Around ten thirty pm.

"What's the plan now?" Luke asked.

"Michael and I were thinking of going somewhere on our own," Lola says.

"Okay," I say, "what about the rest of us?" I look at the others.

"I have to go home," Stella says, "Ashton is arriving tonight." Ashton being her big brother, Stella probably couldn't wait to see him.

"I'll walk you," Luke tells her.

We all say our bye's before Michael and Lola start walking to Michael's car, as well as Stella and Luke leaving to walk to Stella's house.

"I guess that leaves you and I," Calum smiles at me sheepishly, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jacket. Summer nights can be rather chilly here.

I can tell he doesn't know how to act with me at the moment. He's still probably confused from the conversation we had during the movie.

I take that as my queue to take the lead in this conversation.

"If you don't have to leave, we can go somewhere?" I suggest, looking up at him.

"Only if you want to," he says, still unsure on what to say.

"Lola's not here right now," I say as a joke, "I'm asking you because I want to."

"Okay," he says, a small smile appearing on his face. "Got any suggestions?"

"Not really," I admit. "Do you?"

"Kind of," he says. "Only if you don't mind being fully alone with me."

"I don't," I say, smiling at him. There's no point in avoiding him now, I tell myself.

"Perfect," he says, returning my smile. "We'll go with my car," he says.

The whole car ride, I could tell he was cautious not to make a flirtatious or inappropriate comment. He was wary and unsure. He looked very cute, stuttering a few times or even changing the subject when he was about to say something he though he shouldn't. It was very nice of him to watch his language. It made me feel valid to him, as if he valued my opinion.

Truth be told, I did miss the flirting.

When we arrived, I could finally tell where we were.

He had taken me to the playground. The place at which I spent most of my childhood with my friends. The very same place Calum got arrested just a week ago.

"How did you know I love this place?" I ask him as we get out of the car.

"This might sound weird," he says with concern in his voice, "but I've seen you come here with Cole when you used to date. I was guessing that was because of your preference."

"That's a good guess," I smile as we walk towards the swings. "Also, are you stalking me?"

"Only sometimes, when I'm bored," he jokes.

"That's completely acceptable then," I laugh along.

I run in front of him, trying to get the 'better' swing, as I like to call it. The one that doesn't have a large wooden piece of the seat missing.

Calum chuckles, not even the slightest bit surprised by my enthusiasm towards the swings.

I sit down and push myself further from the ground with my feet, swinging them enough to pick up on speed as well as height.