0.7

0.7

I pick up my mug and take a sip of it's room temperature liquid inside. Staring at my computer screen and reading over the words again, wanting to have as little notes as possible this time around. I was due for another consolation meeting in a few days and they were always brutal.

"Hey, it's you again." The voice is cheery and oddly familiar. Looking up from my laptop I zero my gaze on the guy from a week and a half ago.

"Movie director guy." I point out and he smiles sheepishly down at his travel mug. He looks on the go with his messenger bag slung across his chest.

"You know, the last time we ran into each other I hadn't exactly given you my contact information." Reaching up with his occupied hand he scratches his eyebrow with the nail of his thumb, looking a little bit embarrassed.

I smack my lips against my teeth, crossing my arms against the table top. "You know, you hadn't."

With this as confirmation he digs into his messenger bag mere seconds after setting his coffee cup down on my table. I watch as he pulls out a notebook and flips open to an empty page. Grabbing my pen I hand it over to him to save him the trouble of digging again. Clicking it open he scribbles in a corner and rips it out and hands it over.

Winston Ferris.
248-334-7576

"Winston huh?" I cluck my tongue, peeling my eyes away from the paper and up to him. He blinks away this look in his eye and nods his head, closing his bag.

"My friends all call me Ferris." Curling his fingers around the strap on his chest he shuffles on his feet. "Have you given any thought to being the lead in my movie?" Nervously he chews down on his lips, causing his deep dimples to play peek-a-boo on his chestnut colored cheeks.

"I just don't have the time to be in a movie. I have way too much on my plate and—"

"This is an opportunity of a life time." He cuts in.

"Yeah, for somebody who actually aspires to be an actress. I don't know what I want to be yet." I shrug my shoulders. Right now I was dabbling in writing and once this was finished, who knows what I wanted to do with my life.

"What better way to find out than to star in a movie?" He tries to convince me, bouncing on his toes.

"I'm not comfortable playing a prostitute on camera. I barely wear a bikini to the beach and you're asking me to wear less than that." I finally fess up. I had given his movie some thought and it scared me. The way I looked naked, or even just half naked, was my most vulnerable state and Taylor and Calvin are the only ones who can attest to that. Though Taylor is the only one who knows why and how to make me feel comfortable.

"What if I told you you could have a body double?" He arches his brow.

"A body double?" I furrow my own.

"Yes. Like a stunt double, but instead of doing daring stunts. They'll be standing in for you when it calls for you to wear less than a bikini." Finally getting tired on his feet he sits in the chair across from me. I narrow my gaze and stare at him long and hard. "I promise you, I won't make you do anything that you're uncomfortable with."

I let out a heavy sigh. Dropping my gaze to my laptop I stare at my screen. The words having been read over, deleted and rewritten a bunch of times yet they resonate deeply within me in this moment.

He was a stranger and I knew nothing about him. He was vague and clearly had something heavy weighing in on his thoughts. He had secrets that had been covered with a white tarp, hoping to be mistaken as a table—but so did I. Though, this still didn't answer my question.