2.6

2.6

I couldn't exactly tell Taylor what I was feeling, thinking, not about the miscarriage. He wouldn't understand. So I keep that to myself and push them aside during the day. I will abide by our 'no sex the rest of the time I'm here' rule and instead limit it to just soft and gentle kisses.

Tonight they have a gig. A small one at a bar, premiering a new song and the excitement buzzing through the air is immense. I can feel it on Taylor when we took a nap a few hours before and he had a bit of trouble sleeping and staying still.

"You're going to do great," I whisper while holding his face in my hands. I lean forward and place a gentle peck on his lips. He pecks me back, thumbs stroking at the partially exposed skin on my hips. "Everyone's going to love the new song, especially since they're all here to see you."

I think that's what made him more excited with nerves. Before they played gigs at bars and nightclubs to people who were there to just listen to some music and dance. On the summer festival tour, they were just one on the many opening acts for the headliner. This gig is the first of many where they're the opening act and the main act and people actually paid to come see them. There was even a VIP portion before the show and that was incredible. People paid just a tad bit extra just to meet them before the show and hang out. It was bizarre even to me.

Taylor nods his head. I smile and place another gentle peck on his lips.

"And even if they don't love it, I love it." And I felt that that was all that mattered, to him anyway. I'd buy a thousand copies of the single if I could. Especially since it was about a relationship turned sour because there was someone else involved.

"I kind of want them to love it." Taylor winces and I laugh, letting go of his face and resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Then they'll love it. Promise." I give him a reassuring smile and he offers me a slightly weaker reassuring one.

Just as I was about to instill more confidence in him with my lips, someone taps his arms and the door creaks open. We both turn towards the sound and an apprehensive face pops into the doorway. My heart thunders in my chest as her eyes search the room and then settle on us—well the band— and her entire face lights up. She pulls her body in so quick and scurries through the doorway, holding her lanyard against her chest.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" she squeals and more people file in behind her. I take that as my cue to let go of Taylor's face and shuffle off to the back of the room.

He quickly looks over my shoulder at me and I give him a thumbs up before sitting at the small window seat near Brooke. She has her phone up recording the whole thing and laughs. I role my eyes and dig through my purse for mine, because this was a moment that needed capturing.

"Everyone file in! Find a seat!" One of the coordinators addresses the group and I try to count the bodies filling the room.

"Holy shit," Brooke whispers beside me, the bodies filling all the way to the back doors. My stomach drops as I look at the array of faces.

Holy shit indeed.

I look over at Taylor to make sure that he's doing okay and he seems completely in his element. He shifts a finds a comfortable position on his Cajon box drum—something I would've never thought to call it if he hadn't told me. It's a wooden box with a seat on top and a hole in it. But apparently, it's much more than that.

Once everyone is tucked inside the small room, which is probably a fire hazard now, a hush flows over the crowd as Alec starts to pluck a few notes from his bass.