1.8

1.8

Taking in a deep breath I nod my head, trying to listen to the notes Ferris was giving me. I was exhausted. Filming more scenes to make up for the week of halted production coming up. I shift from foot to foot and try not to focus on the water trickling down my back.

"Hey," Ferris snaps his fingers in front of my face and I snap my eyes to him. "you okay?" He questions and I nod my head, pressing my fingers into my side.

"Just cramps." I wave off, water flicking off my fingertips. We were filming in the rain and the cramps couldn't be any more inconvenient if they tried.

I just prayed they were gone by tomorrow morning. I don't know if I could make a three and a half hour flight with them.

"Like I said," he huffs, turning back to the script. I roll my eyes and groan as I try to keep from keeling over from the uncomfortableness in my stomach. Though it's more painful than uncomfortable.

The assistant holding Ferris's umbrella eyes me cautiously. Silently asking me if I'm really okay and I just wave them off. Turning to Ferris and looking over his shoulder.

I nod my head, this time really listening to his notes. Pushing everything else to the back of my mind. They were just cramps. Once I go home and take some ibuprofen I'll be fine.

"Okay, cool. I got it. Can we shoot now?" I cut in through the middle of one of his notes. Even I don't miss the pained tone in my voice.

"Are you sure you're fine?" He asks, huffing and closing his script.

"Yes!" I snap at him, closing my eyes briefly to hide the pain and discomfort I was feeling from the quick puffing of my stomach. Taking in a deep breath I open my eyes again. "Can we shoot this scene, please?"

Ferris eyes me briefly for a few more seconds, debating in his head before nodding. I let out a sigh of relief and relax my body. He hands he script to the assistant and together we walk out into the rain. The weather perfect for this scene.

• — • — • — •

It takes a while for the ibuprofen to kick in. Longer than usual and I spend the time curled up in a ball on my bed. Sweat beading on my forehead.

I didn't usually get cramps before, during or after my period. Brooke dubbed me one of the lucky ones and I had to agree with her. But right now I wasn't feel all to lucky. No, I felt like my insides were trying to become my outsides through my vaginal canal and that shit hurt.

I let out a soft cry of pain just as my sister comes strolling through my bedroom door. Her loud exclamation comes to a grinding halt when she sees me on my bed. I look up at her, a plea no doubt in my eyes.

"I think somethings wrong." My voice is shaky and Cassidy backs out of the room.  My heart hammers behind my chest and I watch her turn and run down the hall.

"Brooke!" Her voice is louder than the banging of her hand against the wooden door. I take in deep slow breaths, closing my eyes. "Brooke! Stop finger banging yourself for your boyfriend and get the fuck out here! We need to get Char to a hospital now!"

This time when I cry out in pain it's not nearly as silent. It hurts like a bitch and pretending that it didn't wouldn't do anyone any favors.

I hear Brookes door crack open.

"What the fuck!"