2.0

2.0

I wake up in a blissful daze. Still wrapped up in Taylors arms as he's breathes steadily into my hair. His body is tense around me and I have a feeling whatever he's dreaming, it isn't good. My theory is confirmed when I look up at him and his brows are pinched in the middle of his forehead. I move to smooth out the wrinkles but he jolts awake, arms tightening around me to make sure I'm still there only to loosen just as fast.

He rolls away from me as he lets out a yawn, stretching out his limbs and rubbing his hand down his face. I watch him closely, letting it all sink in because god I missed him.

With his hand still covering half his face he peeks down at me. The corner of his lips stretched up into a smile and my heart flutters.

"Hey." He dips his head down to kiss me. His lips are warm and brief against mine.

"Hey." I smile up at him as he rears back. He tucks his arm behind his head and my eyes catch the tattoos covering it. I shift up in the bed. "Let me see."

Before he can even answer I'm pulling his arm from behind his head. He chuckles as I hold his wrist, the only thing not covered in ink, gently in my fingers. I examine the colors and details of his arm with both my eyes and fingers. Smiling at the tiny pink heart located inside of Journey.

"Your arm healed nicely." I murmur, pushing fallen strands of hair from my face and turning his arm over. It was all so beautiful. Seeing my ideas implemented into someone else's designs, tattooed on his skin didn't make me too jealous anymore because it was really really good.

"Yeah, I gotta go back and get a few things touched up, but other than that it's been a real hit." He chuckles and I look over at his face instead of his arm. "Gosh you're so pretty."

"Pretty?" I arch my brow and he rolls his eyes.

"Pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, show stopping, heart pounding, breath taking, magnificent. Every word in the fucking book, you are." He sits up and drops his hands into his lap. "And you're all mine." With a devilish crinkle in his nose he leans over and stuffs his face into my neck.

I bunch my shoulders as he gnaws on my skin. After a few seconds I push him away and smile tightly at him.

"Hey," he gently touches my elbow, face falling slightly. "it's okay. We're okay."

I nod my head. "I know." I say as confident as I can, knowing what he was talking about. Neither of us having forgotten about our crying session before our nap, his tears still dried on his face.

Though I wish we could forget. This was supposed to be a happy trip.

"No more sulking!" I say after a few moments of silence, slapping my hands on my thighs. Happy trip, happy trip, happy trip. "When am I going to hear a song off this demo?!"

Taylor's lips crack into a grin and he leans over to pull his phone out of his pocket. My stomach bubbles and my heart flutters as his screen lights up with a picture of us. I barely get to take it in before he's unlocking it, ignoring all the notifications and opening up his voice memos.

"Before I play you this, you didn't hear it. Capisce?" He asked, arching his slashed brow. I nod my head.

"Capisce. Now play it!" I nudge him, smiling brightly, eager to hear.

"Okay, okay." He chuckles and pushes play on the untitled voice memo.

The recording rustles, someone breathes nervously into the microphone and then he starts singing.

"A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head, when I think of all the years I wanna be with you." I furrow my brows, the lyrics eerily familiar. Though hearing it in his voice I couldn't place them. "Wake up every morning with you in my bed. That's precisely what I plan to do.