1.0

1.0

I don't find out any more answers from Cassidy and Austin during lunch and they leave directly after. Claiming they have other stops to make before heading home to help Blair pass out candy.

"I'm not the only one who thought they seemed a little tense right?" I question Brooke once we're secure inside our apartment. She contorts her glittery face into one of confusion. "Cassidy and Alec? They seem a bit tense to you?"

"No, they looked as in love as before if not more." Brooke seems to huff in relief as she falls onto the couch. "This isn't about her abortion is it? Because that's their business."

"No." I try to lie but it comes out a bit sheepish and I advert my eyes for a few seconds. "It's something Austin said something about me not knowing the whole story."

"What like she cheated?" Brooke laughs haughtily. Like it was impossible to believe because it was. "Cassidy is going to marry that boy, no doubt about it. There's no way she cheated on him."

"I wasn't implying she did, but Austin kind of did." I cross my arms under my chest and furrow my brows. "I'd hate to think that they—" A sudden knock on the apartment door has me furrowing my brows deeper and looking over my shoulder at the structure.

"Were you expecting any guest?" Brooklyn questions in front of me and I shake my head to face the door fully.

"No, and it's too early for trick or treaters." I mutter and make my way over to the door. I stand on my tip toes to look through the peephole and relax at the sight of David.

I unlock the door and pull it open. As soon as he see's my face he smiles, moving his hands from behind his back and holding out a decorative bag. It screams Happy Birthday at me in colorful letters and glitter while the tissue paper is a flat white color.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I murmur, taking the bag from him and allowing him to come inside. He shrugs off his jacket and slips into the apartment.

"It's just a little bottle of green apple ciroc. I didn't know what else to get you." He says over his shoulders and throws his jacket on the back of my couch before sitting down.

He throws his arm around Brooke and smile over at me.

"You are amazing." I laugh, setting the bag on the island top and going to join them on the couch. I accidentally squish his arm between our bodies and he pulls it out to throw behind me as well.

"So what are we doing tonight ladies?" He looks between the two of us expectantly. David eyes me a little bit longer though, taking his sweet time rolling his gaze over my breast.

I try to ignore it and stand up from the couch to find something else to do. "We're passing out candy." I grunt, tugging on my shorts. "What are you doing tonight?" I glance over my shoulder at him and he jumps his hungry gaze to my face.

"I can pass out candy." He grins brightly at me, taking his arm from around Brooke.

"Great because we actually need some more. Can you go get it?" She beams at him and starts to push him off the couch. David looks a little confused but complies anyway.

I hurriedly hold the door open for him and he says something about seeing us in a bit before I shut it. I relax a bit more now that he's gone and Brooke doesn't fail to notice.

"It's okay to stop being friends with someone." She says softly after a few beats. I nod my head and fall onto the couch next to her.

"I like David. He's nice. But lately it seems he has a hard time keeping his eyes to himself." I mutter, resting my head on her shoulder.