Chapter 26

Layla's Pov...

Today we are going on a little road trip to a campsite, for my dad's job. Sadly mom has to work, so we have to go without her. My boyfriend Finley is coming along in her place though.

 My boyfriend Finley is coming along in her place though

(^Finley)

Dad doesn't really like Finley, so I thought that maybe being stuck in a car with him for five hours would give him time to get to know and love Finley.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Dad asked us as he walked down the stairs with a backpack in his hand.

"Yeah." My brothers and I said in unison as we got up from the couches. "Okay, Layla do you want to drive for the first hour?" He asked.

"Yes." Ever since I got my license, my parents make me drive everywhere. I like it, because it feels kinda like freedom.

We all leave the house and get into the minivan. I get into the driver's seat, dad is in the seat behind me and the boys are in the backseat on either side leaving one seat between them.

I make sure they are all buckled, then I started the car and drove to Finley's house to pick him up.

I pulled up to his house, then texted him telling him that we were here. I would have gotten out and knocked on the door, but I don't trust my dad to not leave us.

A few seconds later, he walked out of his house and got into the front seat. "Hey." He smiled as he buckled himself in.

"Hi." I smiled back, then pulled out of his driveway and followed the GPS directions to wherever we are going.

While I drove, Enzo and Cash Subway surfers and talked to each other in sign language, and Dad talked with Finley. He pretty much just asked him questions.

Most were normal questions, but for a few of them I had to tell him to knock it off. Eventually we all got hungry, so I went through the McDonald's drive thru and bought enough chicken nuggets and cheese burgers to feed us all, along with french fries and sodas.

After I received the food, I drove to a gas station to get some gas and so everyone can eat and use the restroom if they needed.

I wasn't really that hungry, so I just ate a few chicken nuggets and a cheese burger. "Dad, can you come with me to the bathroom?" Cash asked Dad, but he was too busy with his phone to hear him.

"I'll go with you." Finely offered. "Okay..." Cash said a little unsure, but went with him. I watched as the two of them walked into the little store, then turned around and checked on Enzo.

He was asleep with a fry sat on his lip like a mustache. Cash is such a dork. I then got out of the car and filled up the gas tank.

When Finley and Cash finally got back into the car, Dad and I switched places. I decided to take a little nap, since I didn't get much sleep last night. I reclined my seat a little bit, then pulled my knees to my chest and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finally woke up, we were a few minutes away from the camp. I sat my seat back up, then looked over at Finley who was still asleep.

He had both of his hands behind his head and his mouth was slightly open. "Can I please put a fry in his mouth?" Enzo whispered to me.

"No, but I can. Give me one." I whispered back. Enzo silently laughed, then handed me a cold fry. I tried to put the fry in Finley's mouth, but once it touched his lips, he turned his head and woke up.

"Cash did it!" Enzo and I both shouted with our hand in the air. "He's sleeping." Finley said with a chuckle as he shook his head.

Soon enough Dad pulled into the campsite and parked the car. We all got out, then grabbed the two tents and other camping supplies.

Dad and Finley put the tents up together, while the rest of us brought the things from the car. To be honest, we just didn't want to build the tents.

"Okay, Two of us will be in one tent and three in the other, so who wants to share a tent with me?" Dad asked. "I do!" Cashy said has he sat down in his camping chair.

"Alright." Dad said as he put his and Cash's bags in the smaller tent. Finley, Enzo and I put our bags in our tent, then we all sat down in our camping chairs and waited for the guy that dad was supposed to meet to show up.

While we waited, dad started a fire and we cooked some hot dogs and made s'mores. Of course I made Enzo take a picture for me, so I could post it on Instagram when we get home.

 Of course I made Enzo take a picture for me, so I could post it on Instagram when we get home

About an hour after we showed up, the guy finally showed up. Dad introduced us, then the two of them walked away to have their meeting.

So, while they were gone, us kids just enjoyed ourselves. We ate too many s'mores, told 'scary' stories, and laughed til our bellies hurt.

I honestly love camping, especially when it's still a little chilly. Not being able to use your phone, and having to actually communicate with others around you is quite a nice feeling.

It's starting to get late now, so we all went into mine, Enzo and Finley's tent and just talked until dad came back.

No matter what I have said in the past, I love my brothers to pieces. I love my whole family, and my close friends. I honestly don't get that teen phase, where you hate everything and everyone.

It just sounds ridiculous to me, I mean I get it if the people around you negatively impact you. But not if they haven't done anything to be hated for.

Why be mad at the world? All you're doing is missing the beauty of it all. Yes, there are some bad things in this world, but you just have to look past that and see the beauty.

By the time that dad had gotten back, Cash was already asleep, so Enzo traded places with him and slept in the other tent with dad.

I tucked Cash in, then laid down next to him on the air mattress and got as comfortable as I could. I wrapped my arms around my little brother and kissed his forehead.

I whispered a goodnight to Finley, then fell asleep, instantly dreaming about how my life would be like when I'm older.

A/N: And, I'm going to bed Goodnight/ Morning/ Afternoon guys. -Justine