1

~ Han Jisung's POV ~

We we're freshmen when I first found out about your secret.

I was another normal, boring day.

I was on the way home and as I passed by the parking lot at the back of the school, I heard the sound of a slap.

I really hard one.

Anyone around the area would've probably heard it.

But that was the thing, it was silent since no one was around.

At first, I chose to ignore the sound.

But then I heard another loud slap.
And another.
And another.

When I hear someone stiffle a cry, I search for the source of the noise to see you repetitively being slapped by your mother.

Your head was down cast and your breathing was heavy, your face already wounded.

I knew that I should've just left but for some reason, I stayed planted to the ground.

When your mother finished, she started screaming at you.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, you disredpectful brat!"

It takes you a few seconds but yoy lift your head up to face the woman you call your mother.

And when you do, our eyes meet for a moment.

But I look away.
Then, I head home.

I knew what you were feeling right now and the last thing you needed was for someone completely unrelated to intervene.

The next day, I was fixing a few things in my locker with my friends loudly chatting around me.

They suddenly grew silent.
And at first, I didn't think much of it but when I closed my locker, you were standing beside me, waiting.

I step back out of shock but before I could utter another word, you pull me away from my friends

"Just forget about what you saw yesterday. Please"

I flash you a sad smile before muttering

"What are you talking about?"

You sigh with relief when the words leave my lips. You thank me, flashing me a small smile before walking away.

"Dude, did she like... confess to you?" Felix asks, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I simply shake my head.