25

Third year finally ended.
And we graduated with the following ranks.

1st - Kim Seungmin
2nd - Han Jisung
3rd - l/n y/n

For once though, neither of us felt disgusted of our ranks. 

And it felt great, not being worried that once we got home the first thing we'd receive is a slap on the cheek. It felt great not having to flinch out of reflex once we entered the front doors of our houses.

But how it all led up to that was, to sum it up: a mess.

After that day, after pulling out of that hell hole, I took you to the first place that I could think of, Felix's dorm. 

I remembered that day so well, it was around November.

Felix's eyes were wide and he froze when he saw your beat-up self. So I pushed him aside, invited myself in, made you lie down on the bed before searching for the first-aid kit he kept hidden for me.

"Dude what the fuck-"

"-Look, call Seungmin and the others. I- I need help with something"

And when everyone was in the small and crowded dormroom, a plan was hatched.

"First of all, we cannot bring her back to that devil. She needs a place to stay in" I said to the guys. I was currently seated on Felix's bed, your head resting on my lap. You had fallen asleep.

"Chan, remember when I told you guys that once I turned legal, I'll run off?" Since the day I had an actual brain, I already planned how to leave. And when I turned legal last September, that plan went in motion. " I found a place and am currently secretly moving out. I'd let her stay there but-" 

When Felix wiggled his brows and Hyunjin's eyes went wide, I paused, utterly confused before I understood what they meant. "GUYS NO. I- Fuck you Felix! This is serious!"

"Sorry mate, I just had to" He said with a chuckle.

"Look. I'd let her stay but there's still a few months before she turns legal so-"

"-y/n and I looked it up before-" Seungmin spoke, cutting me off. "-if we report the mom, a relative would have legal custody of her. If her relatives can't be contacted -which they can't. y/n and I already tried- she'd have to go to an orphanage. And the nearest one is too far from school, she'd have to transfer. That's also one of the reasons why she tolerates that woman"

"Adoption"

"What?" We all asked, eyes now on Hyunjin.

"If someone near the school adopts her for the time being, she doesn't have to drop out. Then when she turns legal, she can find a place. I know that y/n's been working a few part-time jobs since third year started so she'll be fine on her own once her birthday passes. She just needs someone to take custody for the time being"

Silence filled the air after that. Everyone preoccupied by their own thoughts regarding the situation.

"She can stay with my family first" A small voice said, making us snap back to reality, our attention now on Jeongin. "I tell my parents a lot about y/n since she's been helping me out a lot in school so I'm sure... I'm sure they won't mind"

And after the two of us skipping school for a week, crashing at Felix's dorm as we tried to hide you from your mom and convince you to go through with our not-so-little plan, you agreed.

Your mom had reported you missing but when police found you, we explained the situation.
That day, you watched your mom get arrested, cursing at you as they took her away.