18

"Hyunji-"

Before you could finish your statement, Hyunjn stormed off.

Without hesitation, you chased after Hyunjin. But before you could make it far, I grabbed you by the arm and halted your actions.

You turned to face me with confused and angered eyes.

"Han Jisung wh-"

"-Why are you gonna run after him?"

"What?"

I felt stupid for asking questions and deciding to meddle in your other problems but I couldn't help myself.

Something was off.
I wondered why you'd chase after Hyunjin if you didn't do anything wrong.

My stomach was going in  knots at the thought.
But in reality, I knew that it was because your actions seemed as if you liked him.
And I was jealous.

"We aren't dating. And neither are you two so why are you going to chase to after him?"

My heart froze as I waited for your response.

You opened your mouth to speak but when nothing came to mind, you pursed yout lips.

"I'm not trying to play the bad guy but if you comfort him, or explain what he just saw, you'll end up giving him false hope"

You pause for a moment and look me in the eyes before shrugging my hand off.

"That might be the case but I don't want to see him s-"

"-Jisung has a point"

We turn our attention to the source of the voice to see Woojin.

"The most your could do is give him space to let him clear his head. Besides, if we think of it logically, what gives him ths right to get jealous" Chan adds.

All you do is nod your head.

*

"Han Jisung, am I a bad person?" You muttered as I walked you home.

You seemed down the whole day because of what happened this morning. And me, being the idiot I am, decided to walk you home and try my best to cheer you up.

"No"

"But why do I feel like one?"

You stop walking and turn to face me, your eyes waiting for an answer.

I stop walking as well and mirror your actions before cupping your cheeks in my hands and slowly swaying your head left and right.

"You. Aren't. A. Bad. Person"

When all you do is pout -which I totally didn't blush at- a breathless chuckle escapes my lips and I remove my hands from your cheeks and continue walking, but this time, I hold your hand in mine.

Without any hesitation.

At first you shoot me a confused look, which quickly gets replaced by a small smile and a chuckle.

"It's normal to feel bad, guilty, sad even. But no one should feel that way. And feeling that way doesn't make you a bad person... okay?"

"okay"

Silence fills the air after that. But it's a comfortable kind of silence.
We see an icecream stand near by and, despite being broke -technically, it's me trying to save- I ended up buying the both of us icecream.

Once we were near your home, you call me out.

"Han Jisung?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank y-"

You suddenly stop mid-word, freezing in your tracks and dropping your half-finished icecream.

I turn to where your eyes are to see your mom rushing out of your house with anger painted across her face

"Mom it's not wha-"

What shocked me was how she slapped you across the face while I was there.

Right then all I wanted to do was throw my icecream at her face. And it took all of my self-control not to do so.

"Stay away from my daughter!" She screamed at me before harshly grabbing you by the arm and pulling you in the house.