19

The next day, as I was walking to the school gate, there you stood. The moment our eyes locked, you pushed yourself off the wall you were leaning on and approached me.

"About yesterday! I'm sorry about my-"

As you were speaking, all that I could think about were the events that happened yesterday and the evident bruises on your cheeks and arms.

My heart was hurting.
I didn't care about anything else at that moment. And before you could finish your statement, I pulled you into a tight embrace.

"J-jisung?"

"I was worried. Just- just stay with me like this for a while... please"

At first, you were frozen in place. But after a few seconds, I felt you wrap your arms around my waist.

"You know, if the others see you, they won't let you two live this down"

We immediately pull away and look around to see Seungmin staring at us with a small smirk.

"S-seungmin! Hi!" You suddenly say, cheeks flushed.

"I came early cause I missed my best friend"

"Sorry" I suddenly reply. Seungmin simply chuckles at my words before waving me off as a sign that it aas fine.

"Don't worry Jisung, I have nothing against you. I just missed hanging out with y/n... So if you don't mind, I'll be walking with her to our classroom now"

And with that ending statement, Seungmin took you by the hand and dragged you off.

Despite the fact that you and Seungmin had already left, I still found myself staring at where I last saw you.

It was a miracle that I didn't get irritated at Seungmin for the sudden interruption but maybe it was because I understood him a bit.

That plus the fact that I wasn't over the intimate moment we had for a second.

It was simple.
It was a hug.

But along with it was all of the pent up emotions about our situations and struggles.

We only got closer from then on.

From ranting.
To treating each other's wounds.
To even sneaking out late at night.

Just like tonight.
Although rather than sneaking out, I was sneaking in.

On nights where it would be too risky for you to leave, I'd find myself climbing the pipe beside window at two in the morning.

After two taps on the glass of your bedroom window after finally reaching the top of the pipe, you open it and flash me a small smile.

"Hello again Han Jisung"

"As much as I'd love to chat while hanging here, my arms are giving up so can I come in?"