21

Summer passed and before I knew it, we were third year highschool.
We were finally graduating this year.

Eversince the incident during the end of our second year, we haven't spoken to each other.

I knew that you probably wouldn't want to speak to me and that you'd ignore me if i tried so I decided to wait for you to approach me.

Despite the fact that I never said it, everyone could tell how it was messing with me during the summer break.

I sighed as I entered the classroom and saw the class list.
I didn't know if I was grateful or mad at the fact that we weren't classmates.

I decided to sit by the window and moments later, I saw Felix walk in and immediately take the seat beside mine.

"You don't seem too happy on the first day"

When I remain silent, Felix sighs.

"Are you still sad about that day?! Jisung, I didn't tell you this during the summer but you have to get over it! Besides, you didn't do anything wrong! Honestly, she's so messed up. I mean, you help her and she suddenly decides to unfriend you?! Like what the fuck man!" Felix rants.

And I was irritated.
I knew that he was doing that because he was being a freind but he just didn't understand.

"No. I get why she did that. She thinks I pity her. And maybe I do.- wait I dont, I ju-"

"That's not the only reason"

Felix's and my eyes go wide at the third voice and we look at the source to see Hwang Hyunjin take the seat in front of me.

"What?" I ask in confusion. "And since when were we close enough to have casual conversation?!"

"A part of her knows that you're doing it because you genuinely care for her but she doesn't want you to hurt yourself in the process"

If this was any other normal day, I'd probably get irritated by the fact that Hyunjin ignored my 2nd statement but  what he said made my eyes go  wide.

"R-really?"

Hyunjin simply nods his head. Then it hits me

"Wait- how do you know- why are you telling me this- wh-"

I start to stammer, a million questions suddenly running through my  mind. Although before I could finish a decent one, the teacher walked in and classes begun.

And as I stared at Hyunjin's back, I couldn't help but wonder about what happened to you over the summer.