11

After the little study date, small talk became more than just hi's and hellos while short conversations got a little longer.

"Dude might as well just hang out with her during breaks instead of letting all of us awkwardly stand beside you and her as you converse about random shit in the hallway"

"Shut it!"

"Awww... Are you sad cause she's absent tod-"

Chan stops mid-sentence and we all freeze in our tracks when we see you walk in the campus with your bag slung over one shoulder.

It was already lunch break and despite not wanting to admit it to the guys, my spirits did dampen when I found out that you were absent.

As you walked in, your eyes seemed dull and lifeless for some reason.
Just then, I see Seungmin approach you.

"y/n! Holy- Are you okay?"

All you could do is flash Seungmin a small smile.
It was forced though.

Just then I feel someone push me forward and glare at them only to see Felix and the others gesturing for me to go to you.

"She looks like she needs someone"

"But Seungmin-"

I stop mid-sentence when Felix arches a brow at me as if saying 'don't fight me and just go to her'

I sigh before mustering the courage and walking over to you.

"Well you're late" I joke, trying to lighten the mood around you and Seungmin.

You let out a breathless chuckle before flashing me a small smile.

'How could you be so messed up and beautiful all at the same time?'

My eyes go wide at my own thoughts but I snap back to reality when I hear you tell Seungmin that you'll talk to him later.

"Han Jisung wanna hangout after classes?" You ask.

There's something you're not telling me.
I don't need to be a close friend to tell how forced that smile on your face is.

It hurts how tired you look. It's as if I can feel it as well.

"Exams are tomorrow though"

When you visibly flinch at the words and hold onto your arms, I quickly add "But sure! I'll wait for you outside your classroom"

"Thank you Han Jisung!"

You whisper along with a chuckle as if sighing with relief.

'What's wrong?'
I don't know whether or not I'm in the position to ask that yet.

But fuck it.
I open my mouth to speak but the bell cuts me off.

"Well, break is over... I'll see you after class Han Jisung!" You say with a small wave before heading off.