Chapter seven

Roxas doesn't know where he is. All he knows is that he's floating in complete darkness, unable to tell his left from his right, whether he's upside down or not. The only thing that he can see clearly is himself.

He is naked, he realizes now, but only because he also notices how cold it is in this void. He pulls his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around him in an attempt to warm himself. Goosebumps are thick on his arms and legs as he shivers, trying to deny how alone he feels; it only adds to the cold and darkness.

Then, a golden light pierces the darkness, bringing warmth with it. It is too warm however, hot even; Roxas feels as if he will burn alive if he stays in it. He begins praying for the darkness, the cold to combat the fire, but his prayers go unanswered. Neither darkness or light are kind to him, they do not want him, he is an abomination; something that never should have existed.

The next thing he knows is intense pain.

He knows, somehow, that it's not directed at him personally, but it still hurts. The light and dark, they are fighting, fighting for dominance and driven to destroy each other and it's too much it's too much make it stop!

Roxas doesn't realize that he's screaming until a bit later, he can't even hear himself scream. He is aware that his mouth is open, can somehow feel his vocal cords vibrating, but it's as if his ears are stuffed with cotton, canceling out all noise. He writhes in place as the pain intensifies and tries to shield himself by pulling his legs and arms in, only to immediately flings himself open like a starfish when his skin and muscles scream in protest to it.

'Please...' he thinks, 'make it stop! No more make the pain go away...'

Through all the agony, he feels wings wrap around him, trying to shield him from the war going on. Strong, lean arms embrace him and he finds that it doesn't hurt. He turns around and buries his face into the owner's bare chest, sobbing brokenly when the hot and cold burning doesn't cease, as if radiating from his very core.

"Shh, don't worry Roxy, I'm here."

"Sora..." Roxas whimpers, "make it stop, it hurts so bad make it stop please..."

Sora shifts, as if unsure what to do. His arms tighten momentarily around the blond and he presses a gentle kiss to his forehead in an attempt to comfort.

Roxas gasps as the kiss acts like a balm, easing the burning of fire and ice. He tilts his head up, eyes closed tight as he brushes his lips against Sora's jawline. There is a quick intake of air from the brunet before he uses his thumb and index fingers to grab Roxas' chin and pull him into a proper kiss, Roxas sighing through his nose in relief as the pain ebbs away to be replaced by a new feeling. The surroundings melt away around the two boys only to reform into Sora's bedroom.

Sora pulls away and they look at each other with bright, cloudy eyes before Roxas reached a hand to the back of Sora's head to bring him back in. Sora's hands smooth over Roxas' sides, causing him to shiver in delight as Sora begins running his tongue over the seam of the blond's lip, silently asking for entry. Roxas complies, enjoying the rush of euphoria from not having to suffer that horrid burning. He feels that if they stop, if he stops it from going where he's sure it's going to go, that the fire and ice will come back. He doesn't want it to come back.

The fear gets pushed aside when Sora's tongue glides into his mouth, exploring the moist cavern for a bit before running along the blond's own wet muscle, coaxing him into a playful battle for dominance. Roxas brushes his tongue against the other's, becoming bolder with each passing moment as they begin fighting their little erotic duel.