Chapter 5

Song of the Day: Best Friend by Foster The People

Hyacinth's POV:

I got inside and closed the door, getting tackled and falling to the floor. Why do people feel the need to tackle me when I'm such a small person! I thought.

"Hyacinth! Thank the heavens you're okay! I was so worried when you didn't answer my texts and then a random GUY answers my texts and says that they found you and that you passed out! He said you had a panick attack, what's all that about?" Aisling said, out of breath. I looked down and felt scared that after I told her, she would hate me.... You don't have to tell her. Tell her and suffer the consequences. the voice told me. But she deserved to know.... I closed my eyes.

"I have anxitious depression. Please don't hate me, I'll pack my bags and leave if you want me to, but please don't hate me, I don't think I can tolerate one more person hating me." I didn't open them, I didn't want to see her expression. I would have rather ran away like I always did. But I didn't move from my place. A part of me wanted to hear her response.

"Hyacinth, open your eyes, look at me." I did as I was told. She had tears streaming down her eyes, and her eyes looked sad and dissapointed, I felt the warm tears run down my cheeks as well. She was dissapointed in me, I made her this way.

"I can't believe you! Why would you think..." She raised her voice. I flinched.

"I can't believe you think I am that type of person! Why would you think that I would ever hate you for something you can't control?! Why do you think I would kick you out!? You're, my friend... best friend even, you're like the little sister I never had, I couldn't ever leave you just because of that.... You're somebody who's precious to me. I know we just met like a week ago, but since that day I met you I knew you would end up being a really important person in my life." She hugged me then, sobbing. I felt shocked.

"You- you really don't hate me for having depression?" I chocked out. "Dummy, didn't I just say you're my best friend? That's just something we can live with okay?" I smiled at her response and hugged her back, never in a milllion years I would have thought I would have a friend close enough to become my best friend.

She pulled back and went to the kitchen, pulling my favorite ice cream of all time, which also happenend to be her favorite as well: double fudge chocolate chip cookie dough. "Sit down and tell me what happenend yesterday and everything before that." So we sat down and we told each other our life stories, the good, the bad and everything in between. By the time we had finished, it was dinner time.

"Hey, want to go get some Chinese? And then go shopping later?" Aisling said, excited. "Sure, just let me get showered." I answered, I did run away from Zoe's house without showering or changing.

I got my skinny jeans and a black Bring me the Horizon t-shirt along with my red converse. I got inside the shower and for the first time didn't feel shy and started to sing along to Give Me Love  by Ed Sheeran. I got out, dryed myself and put on my clothes. I went to my mirror and put lotion on my face, brushed my hair and did a high side ponytail and then straightened my side bangs. I then put on some masacara and a bit of lip gloss. I grabbed my phone with my head phones and put them on my pockets long with my wallet. I didn't like carrying purses, but used them if it was necessary.

I went to the living room where Aisling was waiting at the door with her keys and told me, "You have a nice voice Hyacinth, I love it! You should sing more often." I smiled and blushed a bit, grabbing my jean jacket and pushing her out the door.

--------

After eating our food, we went walking around some shops and by our third shop, Aisling had 5 bags of clothing already. "I can't believe you bought so many things! How did you even afford them all?" I asked. "Well, there is something I didn't tell you.... I come from a rich family. Please don't be mad, honestly, I could afford that apartment all by myself but I am always alone, ever since I was a child, my parents always left me by myself  and I didn't want to be by myself again. I'm sorry I lied." She said, about to cry. She was an emotional person, reminded me of my sister.