Chapter 17

Song of the Day: Feels Like We Only Go Backwards cover by Foster the People

Hyacinth's POV: 

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was shaking. I saw a hand grab mine reassuringly. I looked at Pj through the mirror, and smiled a thank you.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. I'm sure it will all be okay. You had first days of school before right?" Pj asked.

"Well, yeah. But I still feel nervous all the time.... Okay, I can do this." I nodded to try and convince myself. Several months had passed and today was the first day of university. Pj kept making moves and attempts on me all this time, but I always refused. I don't think I could be with him ever, he reminded me of Dan. I think I was over him, but not really, my heart won't let me let go completely, and it frustrates me.

"Hyacinth, I'm going back to England in 3 days." he blurted out. I turned to look at him and nodded slowly. I panicked a little inside. Even if I didn't love him like that, I still needed him, he had become a best friend, I couldn't bare the thought of him not being with me all the time anymore. A part of me wanted to ditch uni and go back with him, I missed England.

I went downstairs with Pj on my trail an mom made breakfast. She was much better now, they gave her some different medication and fortunatly, the tumor was shrinking little by little this time around. They say it might get to the point where they can surgically remove it. She looks healthier and stronger, more like her old self.

Pj accompanied me to the university and took my car. He said he would be back for me when it was over. I would stay at my parent's house for the first years and hopefully move in to a dorm later on. I inhaled and exhaled when we got there, and grabbed Pj's hand and squeezed it, then looked at him and he smiled confidently, I tried to mimic him but I felt my smile waver. I got out of the car, straightened out my appearance and walked to my first class.

--------------

I walked to my car after school, I could see Pj playing on his phone. I ran to the car, excited to tell him the big news. I opened the car, startling him and I laughed at his expression.

"I have big news!!!!!!!!!!" I exclaimed.

"What is it?" He asked, making our way to my house.

"I'll tell you along witht he rest of the family." He nodded and when we got home, I hurried to the door. Eventually, I got the whole family and Pj gathered around the living room couch. I rubbed my hands together and inhaled, and exhaled slowly, making a face.

"So, I got an offer from the university..... they offered to.... transfer me to a university in London, England!" I said, excitedly, looking around the faces in the living room. My mom looked kind of sad, dad looked excited, my sister seemed happy and shoked and Pj was the happiest of them all. They all turned to look at my mom when I did once again.

"You're leaving... again?" My mom asked. I stopped smiling.

"Mom, I know. I know. But they said it was better for me to go there since the university they are sending me to is the best for what I want to study, besides I miss London, my old job and... Aisling." I looked at Pj.

"But... Honey, you said you wouldn't leave me anymore." she said. I sighed and went up to her to grab her hand and knelt down.

"Mom, I don't want to leave you, but it's for the sake of my education and future. You're better now, besides, one day, I'm going to have to leave. I can't rely on you guys forever. Besides, this time is different, I'll be studying. Please, mom, I'll be in contact, I'll be okay. I've done this before. Trust me. I'll try and come during holidays, yes? Please?" I looked at her hopefully. She bit her lip like I did when I was worriedly thinking, and sighed.