Chapter 10

Song of the Day: Can You Feel My Heart? by Bring Me the Horizon

This one is for @converseandtacos

Hyacinth's POV:

Aisling and I looked towards the sound of the shattered glass, Phil had dropped the Hello Kitty cup. He looked sad, and Dan hurried up to clean it up.

"W-what? You're getting married?" Phil stuttered, poor Phil. He really likes her. Aisling nodded, still crying. I needed to talk to her, alone.

"I'm sorry guys but I need to talk to her. Come on Aisling, let's go home." I walked her out, turning to face Phil and mouthed, 'talk to you later' and looked at Dan, he nodded, understanding. Phil needed to calm down and Dan could help him.

We got home and I led Aisling to her room to change to her pjiamas. I went to the kitchen to make coffee and some sweets, her favorite to be exact. I set them on the table and got her to sit down with me on the couch. I then waited for her to talk.

"I can't believe she did this. She never took notice of me, I was always making my own decisions, and now she suddenly comes and takes over one of the biggest decisions I will ever make in my life. I like Phil, I don't even know that other guy and I'm marrying him. It's just so unfair."

I rubbed her shoulder and she rested her head in my lap, I stroked her hair. I found that this relaxed my sister, so I tried it on her. I didn't say anything. I found that this helped better than words in some cases. We eventually went to sleep.

----------------

I woke up, had breakfast with Aisling and went to work. I came back and stopped by at Dan and Phil's. Phil was running around being busy and Dan said right now wasn't a good time, so I went to my appartment. Aisling and I ordered pizza and had a How I Met Your Mother marathon, it was an uneventful day.

-----------------

It was Saturday and I didn't have work today, but I still woke up at 8. I stayed in my pjiamas and walked out, yawning. I walked in the kitchen and saw a cupcake with a candle on it. Aisling popped out and yelled Happy Birthday.

I was dumbfounded. Right. It's my birthday today. She hugged me and I said thank you and blew out the candle. The phone started ringing, I knew who it was.

"Hello?" I smiled. "Hello grandma." She always called me at 12 am on my birthday. Of course, she forgot I was in London, 8 hour difference. She said happy birthday and sang me Las Mañanitas. I thanked her and she said she loved me, wished me the best and then hung up.

"Who was that?" Aisling asked. "My grandma." She nodded. I got another phone call. It was mom.

"Hello? Hyacinth?" she asked. I smiled.

"Yes mommy?"

"Happy Birthday lovely! I'm guessing you just woke up? Of course you did. You lazy, haha. Mija, I miss you so much I hope you have a fantastic birthday, you're sister wants to talk to you."

"Thank you mom, I miss you too."

"Happy Birthday! I miss you Hyacinth. I hope to see you soon and that you have a wonderful day! My dad's asleep, but he told me to tell you Happy Birthday and that he'll call you later, ok? Bye." my sister said, crying.

"Okay, thank you, I miss you all! Bye!" I hung up and turned to Aisling.

"So, do you have plans for your birthday?" she asked, smiling.

"Honestly, I forgot it was my birthday... with everything happening recently. You don't have to act happy if you're not, you know." I told her, giving her a small smile.