Chapter 19

Song of the Day: Another Love by Tom Odell

Hyacinth's POV: 

I looked up at Dan and smiled when I saw he was already looking down at me while playing with my hair.

"Should we go to the living room now? We've been here for a bit more than 30 minutes now." I suggested. Dan sighed and let go of my hair and pecked my forehead.

"Fine. I still need to confront Pj about lying to me, I'm gonna-"

"Dan, you won't touch him, you hear me?" I said, sternly. He looked at me confused.

"But he's the cause of all of this mess. He lied to me. He was supposed to be my friend, he knew how much I loved you, yet he did all this and lied to you as well!" He said.

"I know, but I kind of understand him. He said he loved me the day I broke up with you, he thought I was sleeping. He's one of my bestfriends and he respected my decision and put up with me all this time. I don't want to make him feel more guilty, I know he will be. He will obviously realize I know he lied when he finds out we're together. I don't want to make him feel worse when he helped me out so much. Please understand Dan, I'm not happy he lied, but I already forgave him." I said, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

He looked at me doubtfully but then nodded.

"Okay, I understand. Besides, it doesn't matter anymore. I forgive him too, okay?" he said. I nodded happily. He smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking why this is one of the reasons I love you." He said, holding my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"How you can never stay mad at someone for long. How you don't judge people by just looking at the problem by one side of the story, you look at the other side as well and try to understand both and then make your choice after you've seen both sides. You aren't quick to judge and you try to be as honest as possible. That's one of the reasons why you're a wonderful human being." He smiled.

I am pretty sure I was blushing and then I thought about what he just said. I never thought of myself as that wonderful of a person. I just try to understand. I didn't want to judge someone when I didn't know their side of the story, I think that's dumb and unjust. I wouldn't want that to happen to me. I always try to comprehend and forgive, because then, what's the point? I don't want to hate someone forever. I have to let go of things.

I undestand Pj, he loves me. He probably didn't lie because of selfishness, but to help me. Maybe also because of his feelings, but maybe he knew it would hurt me if I saw Dan again, that it would be harder to let go and just stay with my family. Besides, fate brought Dan and I together again. I know it sounds so cliche but it's true, and I see no point in holding the grudge since we are already together. I wouldn't want to lose a best friend just because of this, it has already been resolved anyway.

"What are you thinking of?" Dan asked suddenly. I looked at him and blushed slightly.

"Nothing you care about." I said, not meaning it in a bad way.

"I always care about anything that has to do with you." He said, smiling sweetly. I blushed harder.

"A-Anyway, I'm hungry." I said, starting to stand up. Dan grabbed my wrist.

"Wait. I have one more question." He said seriously. I stopped blushing and looked at him.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you still going to live with Pj?" he asked, looking a bit upset with the idea of me ever living with Pj instead of him. I smiled.

"I was hoping Aisling might let me come back." He smiled, pleased with my answer.