The Predicament Facing Them

What. The. Hell.

You grabbed your pillow and slammed it against your face to smuggle the sound from escaping in full volume. Right now, your mind was full of contradicting emotions and serious internal conflict inside of your heart. You had done the unthinkable, unbelievable, unimaginable... and kissed Water Prince. The intentions in the way he kissed you were obvious; he loved you a lot. But still, you really thought it was too soon for these kinds of feelings.

And what about Flame Prince? You were completely convinced now that what Marshall said, about the two of them and they were absolute enemies, was absolutely true, so if you began favoring one over the other with the both of them knowing then... no, you wouldn't let them find out. Flame Prince never returned your calls anyway and you haven't spoken to him in several weeks, at least a month. It's not like he would find out. Would he?

Knock, knock, knock.

You brought the pillow away from your face and growled. You were not in the mood to talk today and if Marshall was about to show up at your door, you would slap him in the face and kick him out into the sunlight before promptly dragging him back inside and apologizing. Climbing out of your bed, you went downstairs and opened the door finding none other than Prince Gumball along with LSP, Slime Prince, Wildberry Prince, and Hot Dog Prince.

"Uh, can I help you?" you asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Y/N, you have to help us!"

"Seriously, Flame Prince has gone wild!"

"He won't talk to us at all or any of the other princes!"

"Girl, he's going to burn down my forest. AND MY BEANS!"

Their inconsistent chatter went on like this for a few minutes. You rubbed your eyes and dragged your hand across the bridge of your nose, waiting for them to quiet down. Your waiting did nothing and only seemed to egg them on and make them talk louder and nag more. Only when Gumball noticed your impending impatience did he force them all to settle down. 

"Men! Please, control yourselves. We obviously need to slow down, look, we're scaring her," Gumball scorned, gesturing to your exhausted expression. Fear wasn't exactly the right word to describe your physical manner, but hey, it shut them up. "May we please come in? The matter is greatly important and we think that you may have the answer to our dilemma."

"Dilemma?" you asked. "Look, I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't been out of this house since I got hurt and news doesn't exactly travel by the wind."

"It's Flame Prince," LSP said. "Well, Flame King now."

You jumped in your body and your eyes widened while your expression sunk. "Wh-what?"

"We know you're friends, Y/N," Gumball said. "Best friends."

Your face twisted in anger, clenching your fists at your side and keeping a firm hold on the door ready to slam. "Who told you?"

Fionna's head peered out from behind him and she frowned pitifully. "Y/N, I'm so sorry, but I had to tell them. The Philip we know, he's not there anymore. He's-"

"I trusted you!"

You pried your grip off the door and pounced on her. She took your hit and the two of you fell on the ground, you trying to land a hit and her very easily dodging and trying to coax you into peace. The princes behind you entered straight into the action and pulled you off of her, dragging you to the side.

"Calm down, she did it to help us! We need any loose thread we can get here," Hot Dog Prince said.

"She told us that you both are good friends," Wildberry Prince said. "We want to know how much he's told you."