talk

TW: minor mentions of suicide <3

****************

**

"Nice going, Peter."

The teen was curled up in his dark room, tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"Real nice. You're an imbecile. Congrats on making everyone hate you."

He sniffled, wiping his face.

"God, I wish I could do something right."

"What's wrong, Peter?" A female voice suddenly asked. He forgot about Karen.

"Everything," Peter whispered. "I messed everything up. I wish I was dead."

"Don't say that."

"Why not?"

"Because there are people who care about you, Peter."

"Yeah right, like who?"

"For example, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Stephen, Thor, Loki, Ned, Michelle, Wade, and many others. Ben and May would still be proud of you."

Peter swallowed back more tears at those names.

"Tony also loves you very much, Peter. You should go talk to him."

"No, he's probably pissed."

Peter took a shaky breath, looking around his room.

"Why can't I just die, Karen? I can just make a rope out of my webs-"

"What?"

"My life is pointless. I try and save lives, but I make them worse."

"That is not true, Peter."

"What have I ever done right?"

"You make people happy, Peter. You've saved lives and made lives better."

Peter wiped away more tears from his glossy brown eyes. He opened his mouth to respond when there was a knock at the door. Before he could tell whoever was there to go away, the door was open and they were inside.

"Hey Peter."

"Go away." Peter hid under his blanket, trying to prevent from sobbing.

"Pete, I just wanted to-"

"Go away!"

Tony sighed, not listening. He sat on the teen's bed beside him, leaving a thick tension in the silent room. He finally broke this silence after about a minute.

"I would never regret adopting you."

Peter poked his head out of his blanket, wiping his face.

"Sure, sometimes you can be a pain in the-" He stopped mid sentence. "But I still love you, I really do. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, kid. You've made me a better person, and you've made me feel emotions I didn't even know existed. You're a great kid, Pete, and I feel honored to call you my son."

Peter sat up in bed, facing the man whom sat in front of him.

He then hugged him.

Peter had never felt better about a hug then he did at that moment. He felt vulnerable, but he didn't care. All he cared about was being there with Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Ironman. 

His dad.

"I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come in here, dad, I- I don't know what I would've done to myself. I might've been dead, I- I'm so stupid- there's so much I wanna do- I-I don't wanna leave you, dad, I love you, I don't wanna go.." Peter's body racked with sobs as he vented, grasping on to Tony's shirt.