03) not my car, not my problem

(same outfit as last chapter— outfit two)

"So I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings

"So I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings."

———

SO HERE, MADELINE GILBERT PETROVA stood, outside her new home staring straight at the Sheriff as she was forced to sort out a situation that her "brother" had put her in.

"Hey Sheriff. How ya doing?" Maddie asked, scratching the back of her neck, shifting awkwardly as the banging and screams continued from upstairs.

"Do I.... do I even want to know." He asked and Maddie cringed a little. She didn't know what was worse, the sheriff knowing or the entire of Beacon Hills.

"Yeah.... probably not, I'll just tell you that nobody's getting murdered but there may be a beast in the bed." Maddie joked awkwardly, trying to rid of the intensity of the situation, but her comment only made the Sheriff's eyes widened before he sighed.

"I don't get payed enough for this." Maddie heard him mumble and hid a grin, holding in a chuckle. The moans and banging kept going as Maddie and the Sheriff stood there in awkward silence, Maddie almost wanted to shrink into the doorway and disappear.

The Gilbert girl was almost sure the man in front of her was mentally preparing himself for going up to check if the girl was alive and honestly, Maddie wasn't too sure the girl was, but she knew the longer they stood there, the more Sheriff Stilinski cowered out of it.

After minutes upon minutes of fake smiles that faltered every moan and a fuck ton of awkward silence, Sheriff Stilinski spoke up, finally ridding Maddie of anticipation.

"You know what? I'll take your word for it, just tell them to keep it down." Sheriff stated before turning and closing the door for her.

Maddie breathed out in relief and turned before she sunk against the door. They could've been exposed if the Sheriff had gone up and caught a glimpse of blood from a bite mark. Or even if he looked through their refrigerator. 

"Kol, shut the fuck up!" Maddie exclaimed angrily and the screaming and moaning quietened down.

Well at least he was having a good time, Maddie thought before frowning. "Fuck do I sound so boring. I'm Madeline Gilbert, I'm many things but boring isn't one of them." Maddie stated aloud with frustration, before the girl then sighed at herself and threw her head in her hands. "And I'm talking to myself. I can officially add crazy to the list." Maddie mumbled before raising her head.

Looking around at the empty house, a sudden wave of loneliness fell upon her. Of course, the banging and moaning was still going, but the house seemed bigger than she remembered it while decorating. It was like she had no one to share it with while Kol was busy.