12) Neoma

(same outfit as last chapter)

MADDIE SIGHED AS SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE

"This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods, we haven't tracked them anywhere near there." Derek stated but Maddie was stuck in her head. There was no way two werewolves with the amount of control Boyd and Erica were showing had the time and patience to use a three fold death, nor do they have the patience to even think about the power that comes with it.

"They killed someone." Scott said and Isaac looked to Maddie who was staring right past Scott with a confused expression. "How are they moving so fast?" Derek insisted and Maddie felt deep inside that Derek was right. Maddie closed her eyes. "Derek." Scott tried but Derek wasn't listening. "They can't be that fast on foot!" Derek argued. "They killed someone. Someone, some totally innocent kid is dead. And it's our fault." Scott said.

"It's my fault." Derek said ashamed. "We need help." Scott told the Alpha. "We have Isaac now. And we have Maddie, how much more help could we possibly need if we have the Petrrova Hybrid." Derek said stubbornly and Scott sighed.

"I mean real help. Their too fast for us. Too strong and too..rabid." Scott tried but Derek shook his head. "We'll catch them." Derek said and Scott sighed.

"What happens when we do? We're just gonna hold them down till the sun comes up?" Isaac asked and Derek sighed. "Maybe..it would be easier...just to kill them." Derek said and Scott looked at him.

"Killing them isn't the right thing to do." Scott said. "What if it's the only thing to do? Maddie can catch them but we can't hold them down until the sun comes up because as you said, they're too strong for us." Isaac told the two as all three looked to Maddie who was looking like she was asleep while standing.

"Caroline told me Maddie hasn't fed since Kol left which means either she has to feed on us before she's up to the same speed as them. So we need to find someone who knows what their doing." Scott said and Derek looked at him. "Who?" He asked before Maddie gasped as her eyes shot open. "It wasn't them." She said and all eyes snapped to her. "Derek, their eyes are still yellow." Maddie gasped out and Derek sighed in relief.

"But then who killed the kid?" Isaac asked and Maddie shook her head. "No time to think about that, we have to get Boyd and Cora before they actually do kill someone. We'll think about it tomorrow." Maddie reasoned. "I heard the conversation and I have been feeding, but just very little. Also, who the hell else is there to help us?" Maddie asked

"Someone who knows how to hunt werewolves." Scott said trying to have a cool moment but Maddie wouldn't allow it. "Don't you think Allison has already fucked up our plans enough?" Maddie asked and Scott rolled his eyes. "Try the other Argent." Scott told her and she looked at him with a glare.

"Fuck no." She snapped and Scott grinned. "Yes." He said and Maddie scoffed as she raised her eyebrows. "I will snap every bone in your body. And smash your phone." She threatened but Scott just ignored her.