Chapter 14

Throughout the entire morning, both Poseidon and Shea, along with Athea, Aphrodite, Triton, and Libya, couldn't help but notice a change in Amarédasse's behavior. For Shea had noticed that her daughter was wearing the same look that Poseidon had on his face whenever he looked at her. "Poseidon, you don't think that Amarédasse has met someone special do you?" Shea asked her husband. "With the look on her face, it's possible," said Poseidon.* "But Father, how could she have met anyone you never allow her to go outside the barrier?" Triton asked his father while at the same time he was concerned for his youngest sister's safety.* Poseidon thought carefully turning his attention over to Aphrodite. "Aphrodite, keep a close eye on Amarédasse. Follow her and watch her, but make sure that she doesn't know that your following her and inform Shea and I about every step and move that she makes," Poseidon ordered. "Do not worry, I will make sure that my goddaughter does not leave my sight," said Aphrodite.

When Amarédasse left the palace, via the secret passageway, she had no idea that Aphrodite, her own godmother, was spying on her and watching her every move. However, unknown to either of them, someone else was also watching the young love-struck princess, and this merman was reporting everything he saw to his "mistress" for she had waited nearly eighteen years for this moment.

Once Amarédasse went ashore, unaware that she was being watched, she headed straight for Corinth and when she reached the town square she was greeted by a familiar face. "There you are, I've been searching all of Corinth for you," Alexander said as he rushed up to greet Amarédasse. "I'm sorry, but I had to return home before my parents found out I was gone," Amarédasse explained. "Where is your home?" Alexander asked curiously. "You would not believe me if I told you, also from the time we spent together yesterday I have grown quite fond of you and I don't even know your name," Amarédasse said as she cleverly changed the topic. "I feel the same way about you, and I don't even know your name," said Alexander. "You go first, I insist," said Amarédasse. "My name is Alexander, what is yours my lady," said Alexander. Amarédasse thought long and hard before she gave her answer. "You may call me, Amaré," Amarédasse said as she cleverly used the nickname that Makaria gave her when they were little. "Amaré, is that short for something?" asked Alexander. "Yes however, I believe that, for now, its best that you just call me Amaré," Amarédasse told Alexander as he held her in his arms. "You are a very mysterious girl, alright as you wish," Alexander said as he moved his hands up and down her arms.

As Alexander removed his hands from Amarédasse's arms, he accidentally removed the arm cuff that she was wearing. "Oh, I'm sorry," said Alexander. When Alexander tried to put the arm cuff back where it was he immediately caught sight of Amarédasse's birthmark. "Do you use this to cover up a tattoo you had done?" Alexander asked humorously as he placed the arm cuff back on top of it. "Actually, it's a birthmark," Amarédasse corrected. "Oh, well then shall we go forth and see what this day will bring to us my lady?" Alexander asked charmingly. "Yes my lord, let us go forth," Amarédasse said laughing. As Alexander and Amarédasse went off to spend another day together, Aphrodite looked at the young couple with a smile on her face. "Oh, they grow up so fast," Aphrodite said to herself for she could not believe that her own goddaughter had finally fallen in love. Unfortunately, as Aphrodite continued to watch over the young couple, the merman, who was also watching them, had caught sight of Amarédasse's birthmark and had rushed straight back to his "mistress" in order to give her his report.

*Yeah throughout the trilogy I could tell that both Poseidon and Shea were aware of the looks that they gave to one another and you only give those types of looks to someone when you are madly in love with them.

*They may not show it sometimes, or show it in a normal way, but older brothers do indeed care about their little sisters no matter how old they get.