Chapter 20

Once Poseidon and Amarédasse arrived back at the palace, Poseidon carried his daughter back to her chambers and he laid her on her bed. Throughout the time she was unconscious, neither Poseidon or Shea left Amarédasse's side. As Amarédasse began to regain consciousness, she caught sight of her parents staring at her worryingly. "Mother, Father, what happened? Father, how did you know where to find me?" Amarédasse asked her parents as she sat up. "You over exhausted yourself, by using so much magic Amarédasse. You've been unconscious for three hours," said Shea*. "Luckily for you, Triton noticed you wondering away from the festivities and he had asked both Kymopoleia and Phocus to follow you in order to keep an eye on you. Once they saw that you were in danger they came straight to me," Poseidon explained to his daughter. "Father, thank you for choosing Mother over Moira, I can see why you left her, and for saving me," Amarédasse said as she hugged her father. "I know, and I will always be there to protect you Amarédasse. Although, there are times when even I have to admit that I do tend to go a little overboard," Poseidon said wholeheartedly. "Father, what do you mean by that?" Amarédasse asked her father with wonder. "Amarédasse, I know that you are growing up, but no matter how old you get you're always going to be my little girl," Poseidon said as the rest of his children walked into the room. "The same goes for us too, Amarédasse. No matter how old you get and whatever happens you will always be our little sister," Triton told Amarédasse while at the same time admitting how much both he and the rest of their siblings actually care about her. "Triton is right, Amarédasse. No matter what happens we will always be there for you," Rhode said as she, along with Benthesikyme, Herophile, and Kymopoleia, made their way to their sister's bedside. "After all Amarédasse, you are our sister and we love you," Kymopoleia said as she hugged her little sister. "You guys have no idea how long I have waited to hear those words from all of you," Amarédasse said as she smiled at her brothers and sisters.

Once her parents and siblings had left, Amarédasse began to look over her birthday gifts, while at the same time she thought about her beloved Alexander, when Athea and Aphrodite entered the room. "Aunt Athea, Aunt Aphrodite, what is it? Is there something wrong?" Amarédasse asked them both worryingly. "Amarédasse, your father had the passageway sealed up while you were unconscious," said Aphrodite. "No, now I will never see Alexander again," Amarédasse said practically crying. "Amarédasse, there is a way for you to go and see him whenever you want," Athea told her niece. "How Aunt Athea?" Amarédasse asked depressingly. "Look in the art set I gave you, and take out the golden paintbrush," said Athea.

Amarédasse did as her aunt had instructed her to do, and among the paintbrushes she found one that was made entirely out of gold with the words: May all of your creations come to life, engraved on the back. "Aunt Athea, its beautiful," Amarédasse said as she held the paintbrush in her hands. "Amarédasse, this is no ordinary paintbrush for it is imbued with magic so it does not require paint for you to use it. You can use it on any surface and whatever you think of will instantly appear on it, and you can use your painting as a portal,*" Athea said as she explained the paintbrush's magic to her niece. "You mean, if I use this to paint a picture of Corinth I can use it as a way to go and see Alexander whenever I want?" Amarédasse asked her aunt as her heart raced with pure excitement and happiness at the thought of seeing her beloved again. "Yes, but Amarédasse be careful and keep this safe for if this were to fall into the wrong hands it can be very dangerous," warned Athea. "I'll be careful and thank you so much Aunt Athea," Amarédasse said as she hugged her aunt. "Your welcome," said Athea.

Meanwhile outside Amarédasse's chambers, Poseidon and Shea, along with their other children, had listened in on everything. "Poseidon, you're not going to interfere are you?" Shea asked her husband. "No, as long as she is able to come back safely and without any trouble,*" Poseidon said as Rhode, their eldest daughter, approached them. "Father, I asked Helios and both he and Selene* have agreed to watch over Amarédasse while she is out, and that if anything happens we will contact both you and Mother immediately. Once Poseidon heard that his eldest daughter and her husband would keep a watchful eye on his youngest daughter and keep her safe he smiled, and with that they all retired for the night.

End of Part Four

*Yeah, she can recall a number of times a certain sea god she knows passed out due to a similar experience.

*I used inspiration from an old movie I use to watch when I was a kid. The main differences are pretty much the engraving and the fact that the paintbrush is gold instead of silver, since gold doesn't tarnish over time like silver and gold was once said to be the metal of the gods.

*In other words, he is saying that he's not like Zeus.

*In Greek mythology, Selene, the Goddess of the Moon, is the sister of Helios, the God of the Sun.