Part 4: The truth is revealed Chapter 17

The next morning, as everyone was getting everything prepared for her eighteenth birthday celebrations, Amarédasse sat at her vanity deep in thought as she went through all of the thoughtful birthday gifts and greetings that her people had sent her. "What is the truth that Mother and Father are keeping from me, and what prophecy were they talking about?" Amarédasse thought to herself as she thought about the conversation that her parents had that she had eavesdropped on the night before. Although Amarédasse was curious about the prophecy that her parents were talking about, she was also furious at them for sending her godmother out to spy on her. As Amarédasse remained deep in thought, Athea and Aphrodite entered the room with a beautiful rainbow-colored silk gown trimmed in gold and with aquamarine-diamond accents that her mother had ordered for her.

Once Amarédasse had put on her special birthday dress, she turned and gave both her aunt and her godmother a rather cross look. "At least I won't have to worry about my parents sending either one of you out to spy on me today," Amarédasse said as both Athea and Aphrodite looked at her with shocked and surprised looks on their faces. "How do you know?" Athea asked her niece. "Aunt Athea, you know that Father's temper is strong enough to cause an earthquake," Amarédasse said as she got out the jewelry she was going to wear. "So I'm guessing that you heard everything?" Aphrodite asked her goddaughter apprehensively, as Amarédasse put on her gold aquamarine-diamond necklace, along with a matching pair of earrings, and two matching bracelets. "I also know about the prophecy that everyone, including my parents and my brothers and sisters, have been keeping a secret from me all my life Aunt Aphrodite," Amarédasse said as her mother entered the room wearing her finest gown and jewels. "Athea, Aphrodite, what is going on?" Shea asked as her youngest daughter gave her a stern and angry look that mirrored her father's. "Shea, she knows," Athea told her sister-in-law. "Mother, what is this prophecy that you and Father were talking about?" Amarédasse asked her rather shocked mother. "Athea, Aphrodite, could you both go and tell Poseidon to come here with Zeus and Hades," Shea said as Athea and Aphrodite immediately began to leave the room.

Once Athea and Aphrodite had left, Shea helped Amarédasse style her hair into a half bun pinned up with gold pearl and diamond hairpins with the rest of her hair down in loose curls. After her mother had finished, Amarédasse placed a gold aquamarine-diamond and pearl tiara on top of her head as her father and uncles entered the room. "Shea, what is it?" Poseidon asked his wife wondering why she had asked him to come into his daughter's room along with his brothers. "Poseidon, I think we need to tell Amarédasse now rather than later," said Shea. "Why now?" asked Poseidon. "Because, I know that you and Mother have been hiding something from me, Father," said Amarédasse. "Dear niece, why would you want to know now? After all you haven't even opened the birthday present I brought you," Zeus said as both Hades and Poseidon rolled their eyes.* "For one thing Uncle Zeus, I'm no longer a child so it's time to tell me, and I know that the gift you got me is another statue of yourself, since you give me one every year," Amarédasse said bitterly. "She's not wrong Zeus," remarked Hades. "Alright Amarédasse, but its best if you learn everything from the beginning. You already know this story, but you are now old enough to know the entirety of it, because some of these events are the reason why your mother and I have never allowed you to go outside the barrier," Poseidon said as he finally accepted the fact that his daughter was no longer the child she once was.

Poseidon and Shea then sat Amarédasse down and told her the story of how they met and fell in love, along with the struggles that they had to go through in order to remain together and the forces that tried to keep them apart.* They told her about Megara, her father's predecessor and sworn enemy at the time, and about the evil creatures that she controlled. They also told her about Moira, her father's ex-girlfriend and enemy, and the lies she told to both her aunt and her godmother in order to manipulate them, while at the same time she hid her allegiance to Megara. Amarédasse also learned about the selfless sacrifices that her parents had made for each other, and how through their actions Megara had been defeated by her father, and that it was thanks to both her grandmother, Lady Rhea, and her Uncle Hades that her parents were able to gain their happily ever after.* They even told Amarédasse the story of how after her father's coronation, Moira had been exiled at her mother's insistence, and about the disappearances that took place not long before her birth along with Hades' trip to see the Oracle where he had gotten the prophecy from.

After they told Amarédasse how Moira had tried to kill her at her Celebration Ceremony, which led to her father and uncles combining their powers in order to put up the barrier, Hades handed his niece the scroll with the prophecy on it. When Amarédasse finished reading the prophecy she then immediately realized that all her life her parents were only trying to protect her from Moira. "Father, there is something I don't understand, if you and Mother spared Moira's life then why does she still hate you?" Amarédasse asked her father curiously. "Amarédasse, after I met your mother I guess Moira just got jealous," explained Poseidon. "Your father broke up with Moira once her true nature and loyalties began to show themselves to him," said Hades. "We will talk more about this later, for right now a certain princess is due to make an appearance at her eighteenth birthday celebrations," Shea said as everyone got up and made their way towards Amarédasse's birthday celebrations. Despite the fact that Amarédasse now did not feel like celebrating anything now that the truth was finally out.

*Apparently, everybody already knows what Zeus' present is, obviously.

*i.e. Zeus.

*Every time I go onto Vanity's dailymotion channel to watch The Mermaid's Curse that one scene near the end has to be my favorite for it shows that true love can conquer all things.