Chapter 25

Once Hebe and Makaria had Moira distracted, Athea and Aphrodite immediately left the palace to go and get aide from Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, while Amarédasse and Alexander had made a quick escape from the ballroom for another wing of the palace that was dedicated to Poseidon with the spell book in their possession. "Right now, I'm guessing that Amaré is a nickname for Amarédasse isn't it?*" asked Alexander. "Yes it is, and my cousin, Hebe, is the daughter of Zeus, while my other cousin, Makaria, is the daughter of Hades, which makes them my uncles," Amarédasse confessed solemnly as she stared up at the statue representation of her father. "So, if the King of the Gods and the King of the Underworld are your uncles then," Alexander said when Amarédasse interrupted him.

"Poseidon, the King of the Seas, is my father, and his wife, Shea, the Queen of the Seas, is my mother," Amarédasse said as she revealed her parentage. "Why didn't you tell me?" Alexander asked rather shocked that the girl he had fallen in love with was not only a princess and a goddess, but also the daughter of both his and his kingdom's patron god. "For the same reason why you didn't tell me that you are a prince, I wanted you to get to know me for the person I am on the inside," Amarédasse said wholeheartedly. "Amarédasse, even if you had never been either a princess or a goddess, I would still love you," Alexander said assuringly. "Oh Alexander, I know that and right now we need to destroy this spell book for good," said Amarédasse.

As they looked around Poseidon's statue to look for a way to forever destroy Megara's spell book, Alexander eyed a large pool of water near the base. "Maybe, you could use this pool to destroy the book," Alexander said as he walked up towards the pool. "No, it is resilient to water it should be burned as a sacrifice to my father," Amarédasse said in a rather worried tone for she could tell that the pool was connected to the ocean. Immediately, Amarédasse saw a mermaid reaching out trying to grab Alexander's leg. "ALEXANDER, LOOK OUT," Amarédasse cried out as she pulled Alexander out of the way and hitting the mermaid with a strong spell when she accidentally dropped the book into the pool. "Oh no, the book," Amarédasse said as she dived into the water to retrieve it. "Amarédasse, come back," Alexander called out as he watched her dive deep into the pool.

After a few short moments, Alexander then saw Amarédasse emerge from the pool and, for the first time, saw his beloved in her mermaid form with the spell book in her hands. "So, this explains why I couldn't find you anywhere on land," Alexander said astonished on how beautiful his true love was as a mermaid. "You obviously didn't think to look for me in the sea, since it is my home," Amarédasse said as she handed the spell book over to Alexander. "How are you going to change back?" asked Alexander. "It's easy I just use a spell that can allow me to go ashore," Amarédasse explained as she waved her arms and used her magic to return herself to her human/goddess form to the astonishment of Alexander. "My father taught it to me, it's how he was able ashore in order to visit my mother, before they officially met, and how he was able to search for her in the Old Forest when they were forcefully separated.* Also, you can't exactly get around Olympus with a fish tail and my mother told me that she was very surprised when she saw my father do that in front of her for the first time," said Amarédasse.

Immediately, a large group of mermaids and mermen emerged from the pool swimming up towards the young couple, when sudden bursts of magic hit them which forced them to retreat. Amarédasse and Alexander then turned to where it came from and saw none other than the King of the Gods and the King of the Underworld themselves coming to their aide.* "Uncle Zeus, Uncle Hades," Amarédasse said as she caught sight of her uncles. "Amarédasse, destroy the book now, I don't think we will be to hold Moira off for long," said Hades. "Hades is right, dear niece, destroy it now and fulfill your destiny for the sake of your father, our brother, and your people," Zeus called out to his niece. Looking around, Amarédasse then caught sight of a large burning brazier near the base of her father's statue, and she then threw the spell book into the brazier and watched it burn until it was nothing but ashes.

    By the time Moira had reached them, Amarédasse had already collected thebook's ashes into a small pouch in order to present them to her father. "It'sover, no more suffering for anyone Moira," Amarédasse declared angrily. "It'snot over until one of us is dead," Moira said as she casted a spell and aimedit straight at Amarédasse. "NO," Alexander yelled as he immediately ran infront of Amarédasse to protect her. By using himself as a shield in order toprotect his true love the spell hit Alexander instead and he dropped down tothe ground fatally injured. "ALEXANDER," Amarédasse screamed at the sight ofher beloved injured and hurt as he made the ultimate selfless sacrifice withhis own life. "Moira, what you have done is unforgivable and for that you mustdie, and you will suffer in Tartarus for all eternity," Amarédasse declaredangrily. With those words being spoken, Amarédasse then waved her arms andcasted a very powerful spell and aimed it towards Moira, and once the spell hitMoira, she instantly crumbled to dust until there was nothing left of her.    

*Yeah, he is putting two and two together.

*Believe me, when I saw those scenes in Poseidon Part Two: Revenge of the Sea, I was like "Oh, how romantic." For they obviously showed how much Poseidon had fallen in love with Shea, also Poseidon still holds a grudge against Zeus for doing that to them and, personally, I don't blame him.

*I know for a fact that if they didn't help them, then Poseidon would have their heads for it.