17. Vegas- part 4

Slippers. Where are my freaking slippers?!?!?! They were right by the bed last night, where could they have gone so quickly? They didn't walk away! Or did they?

Now look at me! I'm thinking about slippers walking away. I didn't think I was capable of thinking such silly thoughts. I am twenty nine by the way.

I walked into the kitchen, looking under the table and pulling out chairs. Lifting up cushions. I bent over to look under the coffee table, and someone slapped my rear end. I turned around and saw Brett smiling. "What are you smiling at?" I asked him, folding my arms over my chest.

He smirks and then holds up my fluffy, pink slippers. I went to snatch them from his hands but he pulled back. "I want you to kiss me first." He said.

I unfolded my arms and placed them on my hips instead. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine." But instead of handing me MY slippers, he kissed me.

"There, now I'm satisfied." Then he threw my slippers. I went to catch them, only to bump into his back. What are the dreaming chances. He whipped around and pinned my to the nearby wall.

"That eager, huh?" He asked before kissing my neck fiercely. "Brett...." I breathed. God he was good - real good. He moved up and back nibbling on my ear, making me quiver at his touch.

He pulled back, not loosing his grip at all. "You taste so sweet, do you know that?" He asked. I blushed at his compliment. When I looked up at him, he pressed his lips up against mine. Kissing me hungrily. I kissed him back, as if I couldn't get enough. He moved his hands from my wrists and put his hands around my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in closer to me, as if that was possible.

When he pulled away for air, I felt like our kiss wasn't long enough. I was breathing heavily and my heart was beating so fast that I thought that it was going to explode. Then he gave that smirk that I could possibly melt to.

Then he walked away. Before leaving the room he spoke. "I'll be back around twelve. I'll take you out for dinner. Where something nice." Then he was gone. Just like that.

*****

What would happen if the whole world fell at your feet? You could have anything you wanted. You could do anything. You could be anything. Yep, it sounds like a dream, doesn't it.

But how a thing sounds isn't exactly how it is. Or what it is. It's nothing but a big shadow, that covers over the real thing.

You would have everything yes. But would you really want everything? You would never be able to want anything else, you'd never be able to dream about anything else. What kind of life is that?

You'll be forever lost in your very own mind. Forever gone, and there is no one to help you. No way to bring you back. Nothing to save you.

Nobody can save you from yourself.

Its impossible for someone to save you from yourself.

Because you need to do it yourself.

You don't need someone to help you.

You can learn to save yourself FROM yourself.

If that makes sense.

I caught myself into a deep thoughts when I finally came out of my daze. I stood up to go out on something nice. I don't know why Brett told me to dress up. We could just eat dinner here, in the hotel. I wouldn't mind dining on chocolate chip and fudge pop tarts for dinner.

I went into the bedroom. I had only an hour to get ready. I searched through my suit case, looking for a nice, colourful dress. I had a choice between a blue one, and pink one and a yellow one. I needed one that Brett would like.

Then my eyes went funny and my mind wandered. Going back into the past, to remember a memory.

**Flashback**

Our first date, and I was real nervous. We were going to the cafe, he told me to meet here that night at the bar. He called me, I don't know how he got my number. He told me that I didn't need to worry about money, he was paying. No matter how many times I protested, he just told me no.

He laughed when I said I wasn't a damsel in distress. I could pay for my own things. Then he only said that he would pay for our "date" and I almost passed out at a four letter word.

Date.

A date, I haven't been in one since my old boyfriend, and he left me when I turned twenty two. I was twenty six now. Which means four long, lonely years.

But that was going to change, if this went well.

I was searching though my drawers. Trying to find something nice. Just trying to find something decent. And for someone who doesn't go shopping very often, finding something decent isn't all that easy.

But I really need to find something that Brett likes. Then he called. "Yeah?" I asked. "Hey, what are you wearing to the cafe?" He asked. "Haven't quite decided..." I told him. He chuckled and I blushed. "Having trouble?" I let out a shaky laugh. "How did you know?"

"Had a good feeling, listen, I don't have much time but I gotta tell ya. You look really good in yellow."

******

I decided to go to with the yellow dress, since my memory told me that he thought I looked great in yellow.

Brett came in shortly after, no his jaw dropped. "Wow, you look amazing." Then he walked over and kissed me on the lips, not giving me anytime to thank him. He tugged on my arm and pulled outside. The hallway was empty.

That gave Brett a great excuse to push my up against the door. Then he kissed me.

I was nearly out of breath but the time he pulled back and took hold of my hand. "We are going to a five star restaurant, you'll love it." He told me, and kissed me on the cheek. Then we walked down the hallway.....

Together.