Chapter 16

Alison left the room, leaving Emily staring at the door. Emily let out a long sigh and sat on the edge of the bed. Alison started cleaning up the shattered glass off the sofa. As she was cleaning the glass, a very sharp, pointy bit sliced her hand open. Alison winced at the pain.

In anger she picked up the glass and threw it against the wall, shattering it. Emily climbed down the stairs, to see what was going on. Emily gasped when she saw Alison's hand. Alison looked towards Emily but immediately looked away. Emily asked "What happened?" Alison replied "Nothing!" Emily sarcastically replied "Clearly. Your hands just bleeding for nothing."

Alison spat "Leave me alone! I don't want to speak to you!" Emily ignored her comment and asked "Do you want some ice?" Alison groaned in frustration, shaking her head. Emily warned "It'll get infected." Alison replied "I don't give a shit! Leave me alone, please!" This time her voice sounded desperate and it cracked nearer the end of the sentence.

Emily stopped grabbing the ice out of the freezer and turned to look at Alison. Alison was crouched down at the side of the sofa, holding her hand. Emily said "Ali, I'm sorry." Alison replied "I told you just to leave me alone." Alison fought back the tears trying to escape her eye's. Emily kneeled in front of Alison and put her hand on her cheek. Alison immediately moved her face away from Emily's hand.

Emily said "Ali, I hate fighting with you." Alison stayed silent, just looking at the mess around her. Emily asked "Does your hand hurt?" Alison didn't even acknowledge Emily's question, instead her eye's roamed around the room. Emily said, softly "Ali, I'm trying to help you. Please let me help you. It hurts me when your hurt. Emotionally and physically. It hurts so much because I love you so much, Ali. I am sorry. I am sorry for shouting at you. For making you feel like this. For making your life most likely worse."

Alison's eye's met Emily's at the last sentence and she shook her head. Alison reassured "You never made my life worse. You made all the nightmares dissappear and made me live a dream. You don't make me feel like this! All the events that have took place over these days have been unbelievable and I'm exhausted. I love you so much. I wouldn't be walking this earth still if it wasn't for you."

Emily smiled, sweetly at Alison. She stood up and held out her hand for Alison to take. Alison gladly took it. As she got pulled up to Emily's height, she was met with Emily's passionate lips. Emily pulled back and said "Let's get your hand cleaned."