10: Eli's Crush

~Eli POV~

"Eli and Milo sitting in a tree..."

"Another word and I will kill you,"

"Well, that's not very...ladylike,"

I slap the back of my brother's head so hard he slams his forehead against the kitchen cabinet with a loud bang and he screams out in pain.

"Matty, stop messing with your brother,"

 Hearing my father's voice causes me to instantly tense up as I turn my head to catch my dad walking into the kitchen.

My brain goes into a frenzied panic.

What if he heard the ladylike part? What if he took it seriously? How long was he listening in for?

The beeping of the microwave gives me something to do as I take out the popcorn and put in another bag.

"Why do we automatically assume I said something huh? Why can't Eli just be an evil twin who abuses me for fun behind your back?" Matty groans in Korean our father continues walking through the kitchen and reaches into a drawer.

"Because Eli is just like your Appa with just a touch of me. Your Appa could never hurt someone, while Eli will only do it if you poke him enough," he says with a small smile as he pulls out a tiny screwdriver, getting to work on taking the back off his phone. My tense muscles start to relax when he doesn't ask any questions as to why I was provoked.

"Why are you home from work so early?" I ask. Curious as to why he was in casual clothing on a Friday while I take a bite of the delicious buttery popcorn as my first solid food of the day, but quickly regret it.

"To make sure you two aren't throwing any wild parties of course," Our father smirks and pulls the back off his phone. Matty hops up on the kitchen island and rolls his eyes.

"Hey, you told us not to do anything you wouldn't do. I think teenage Pierce Grayson would have held an all-night banger with a mansion at his disposal," My brother sarcastically nudges to our dad's smirk.

"Pretty sure I did worse, but that's a story for another day. You're Appa and I are leaving the country for the weekend on business. You know what that means," He hints as he takes out the sim card of his phone and replaces it.

"No skipping school, watch Mahina, and don't eat all the food is in the fridge. We got it," Matty and I repeat the rules at the same time and he gently ruffles Matty's hair.

"Ready to go hon?" 

Our Appa appears at the archway to the kitchen with his fluffy brown hair swept aside and tucked behind his ear as he tosses his backpack over his shoulder and holds their passports in hand. His light brown eyes sparkled from the light shining down from the skylight. But the sparkle could also be from the fact he was in the presence of our dad and the two love each other so much that it's sickening. Dad turns towards the archway and when he catches sight of Appa he nearly drops his phone.

"Y-yeah, I was just waiting for you..." He just stutters before Matty and I let out the gayest groan and the biggest eye roll in the history of our existence.

"Ay! Get out of here with that, your sappiness is hurting my innocent eyes!" Matty laughs and our dad gives him a gentle shove before moving to his husband's side.

"Be good boys, love you!" Appa calls back and we hear the door close behind them.

"Why do I feel like this wasn't just a work thing?" Matty asks as he grabs the bowl of popcorn and the doorbell rings. It must be the guys.