24. Milo's New Page

~Milo POV~

"There's something I need to tell you," 

El announced as he poked his oatmeal with the tip of his spoon. It was just the two of us for now since Thomas and Matty left to stop by the house and get a few things for us. My new adoptive parents were also out doing something shady since they left on a 'secret mission' of sorts. 

"What?" I asked as I wolfed down another piece of bacon. El and I hadn't really spoken much since I woke up but there was a tension between us that needed to be resolved. 

"Well, a few things actually," he corrects his cheek where the feeding tube was stuck on with a little pink owl sticker that matched the color of his blushed cheek. 

El continues to poke at his food and it pisses me off when he avoids eating because it hurts to see him like this. I toss the crumb of bacon in my mouth before snatching the spoon from his hands. He was shocked by the movement but doesn't object as I stake a spoonful and hold it to his lips. El pouts a bit but opens his mouth and takes it anyway.

"Stop pulling this shit El, I don't like seeing you like this. I already feel guilty enough for not noticing it sooner and now you-"

"I'm not eating because I don't want to. I'm just nervous is all, calm your balls Mebo," He rolls his eyes while I narrow my own. Finding it painfully hard to believe him.

"What do you mean you're nervous? It's just you and me," I sigh, trying to calm down as I feed him another spoonful before he takes the spoon back from me.

"Why did you give me your kidney? Even after all the nasty shit I said to you in the trailer?" He asks first and I shrug. 

"Because I love you. I didn't have to think twice." I tell him and he shrinks back on his hospital bed. I was currently sitting near the footboard as we shared his desk and I dragged my IV over.

"You still love me?" He asked in with a hint of shock in his voice and I take a bite of eggs. Not bothering to answer the question he already knew the answer to.

"But what about Emily?" He asks and I take another bite.

"She's gone. For good." I reassure him but his gaze shifts to the window as he spaces out for a second.

"Hey, you still need to eat unless you want to be on a feeding tube forever so let's go," I point to the oatmeal and he gives me a grumpy face before returning to the desk which my legs were crossed underneath. His legs were curled up but his foot just grazes my shin, I finish eating and watch him take another bite with satisfaction.

I would be discharged from the hospital today, but El would be here for awhile receiving the therapy and treatments he needed. 

"Why did you break up with her? When?" He asks and I gently place a hand over his thigh, running my long fingers over his knees.

"She came to the hospital after the accident and said some really despicable things about you and after that, she was just a really ugly girl to me. I don't want to talk to someone like that nevermind give them my heart. Which to be fair, she never had it to begin with," I explain and El finally breaks out in a small smile before a dark cloud suddenly cast replaces his happiness.

"Wait, what did she tell you? Like about me?" He asks and I knew what El was referring to. I pretend to not know what she was talking about and continue the conversation.

"Just a load of bullshit about how you're an evil person. But I don't want to talk about her anymore. What were you so nervous to tell me," I ask and he finishes his last bite of oatmeal earning a small kiss after I pushed the desk aside for the nurses to take our dishes later. RIght now I wanted nothing to come between us. 

"Milo...You were right. I'm...I'm actually a girl, like a transgender girl. Well maybe a woman, I don't..." Her nervous stuttering was so adorable that I couldn't help myself as I gently peck her lips to stop her from any unessesary explanations. 

"I know," I said, my voice lowered so only she could hear me speak.

"How did you know?" She asked, her beautiful light gray eyes opening wide. There were a hundred different ways I could answer her, but I thought back to the moment I confessed. 

"Because whenever I kissed you, I never felt like I was kissing another man. I always knew I was kissing a woman instead." I explained and she squealed just a little bit.

"God Mebo, why are you so cute?" She giggles and I cup her cheeks in my hands.

"That's not important. However what is important is what do you want to be called now?" I ask and she bites the edge of her bottom lip. 

"Kailani,"

When her beautiful new name leaves her lips in a breath of nervous anticipation my heart skipped three beats. Remembering my own name day, little beads of tears flood the bottom rims of my eyelids and I slowly kissed her trembling lips. 

I chose Milo because it means merciful warrior. 

I wonder why she chose Kailani? 

"Milo? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" She asked with a nervous chuckle and I gently tuck a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"Because you're so beautiful Kailani," I can just barely say to her with the sound of how fast my heart was pounding echoing in my ears. 

"You're such a dork," she says before pressing her lips to mine in a warm kiss that I wanted to dive into but I knew I couldn't until after she recovered. I break our kiss and stare into those beautiful gray eyes that held a glint of happiness I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Call us whatever you want Kai, but you are mine, got it? I don't want you to share moments like this with anyone else," I ask and she nods in quiet understanding.

"Of course, I wouldn't dare. Besides, who else would want someone like me?" She asks and I narrow my eyes.

"Only everyone in America and their fathers, but you're my baby. I don't care about what the rest of the world thinks," I clarify. I had seen our youtube comments and how everyone, guys and girls alike, were always stanning Kai because she's so fucking beautiful. 

 "Okay, okay, I'm yours. I promise," She swears to me and I roll my eyes before kissing her once more only to be interrupted by the sudden opening of the door.

"Oh god! Jesus Christ! Calm the hormones, would you? I don't need to see this, bleck!" Matty screams and Kai throws a pillow at him to shut him up.