11: Milo's Insecurities

~Milo's POV~

"What's up, guys! I'm Milo, I'm Thomas, I'm Matty, I'm Eli, and you're watching NTB!" 

We all simultaneously swipe out hands to the left for the faded transition into our music video which now plays on Youtube with a single view. 

"How do you think the rest of the crews are going to do?" Eli asks as he peeks over my shoulder at the laptop screen showing our video. 

"I don't know yet. I think we're good, but we should never underestimate our competition," I say and Thomas pats me on the back. 

"Look at you! Said like a true leader," he says before checking his phone.

"I guess we should share this on Facebook and Instagram huh? Maybe all the people at school who fawn over us will give us some views," Matty grunts and Thomas rolls his eyes.

"Get over yourself Grayson, You're not that attractive," He says and Matty makes a fake gasp as if he was offended.

"Wanna bet? Whoever gets the most likes in 24 hours wins," Matty smirks and Thomas him on.

"Guys this isn't a competition," Eli says as he tries to get in between them.

"Actually it is," Thomas chuckles before grabbing his skateboard.

"But not against our own members!" Eli calls him out only to be ignored as Thomas walks out the door. Matty persues Thomas, boasting his 100 likes in the last second. Eli hangs back and bites the edge of his bottom lip. I reach over and gently rub his shoulder.

"Hey, as long as they're not fighting, we'll be fine," I try to jokingly console him but he brushes me off and I feel awkward for randomly touching him in the first place.

"It doesn't matter to me," 

***

***

I walk into school the next morning with my head held high, feeling like I was on cloud nine after talking to yellow hello. Now I'm silently examining every person I see. Hoping to catch sight of her. Maybe secretly knows who I am? Maybe she'll spot me and we'll just see each other and know like on tv or in movies.

 But overall, what she looked like didn't really matter to me, I was just curious. 

This morning was different though, whenever I looked up the kids were staring right back as I made my way to my locker. Whispers and giggles were thrown in my direction and this time it wasn't about me being transgender. 

Confused, I try to ignore the small groups of giggling hormonal girls but it was nearly impossible with the flashing lights from the Snapchat and Instagram photos and videos being taken. I give a small smile in their direction while combing my hair to the side and they suddenly scream with excitement before running off as fast as they could. I shrug it off as just another weird thing as I hold the straps of my navy backpack and reach my locker. When I start punching in the numbers a small feel of my arm scares the shit out of me, making me mess up the five digits. 

I look over to see Emily Gomez standing beside my locker with a small pout on her perfect pink lips. She brushes her dark brunette curls to the side and giggles gently. She was one of the beautiful senior girls in my media class. 

"Sorry Milo, did I scare you? I just wanted to congratulate you," She smiles and I never felt more confused in my life as I go back to my locker. 

Wait, did Emily Gomez just call me Milo? 

"On what?" I ask and she laughs out loud, poking my chest as she did.

"Oh look at you being all humble. It's okay, you can drop the act around me," She says with a wink and I look around to see everyone was staring at us. I know Emily's beautiful and all but that's still not normal.

"I'm not being...Emily, what's happening? Why is everyone staring?" I ask. Hoping she could give me some insight into this mystery and she gasps with pure shock or horror. I couldn't tell which.

"You really don't know?" She whispers and I slowly shake my head as a no. I don't think I could be any clearer about that.

The sound of my voice suddenly hits the loudspeaker and I slowly turn to see the TV screens in the hallway had all lit up with my groups Music Video playing in sync. 

"MILO!" I'm suddenly swiped from the side by my favorite soccer player, who grabs hold of my hand and drags me into an empty classroom. 

"Eli! What's going on?!" I pant, out of breath from the run but he twirls around in a small circle of exploding emotions with small tears in his eyes. The video playing on the TV was background noise as he grabbed my hands and pulled me close. 

"We hit 1 million Views this morning and we already have 100,000 subscribers!" he says and I felt the shock rise from within me.

"W-W-What?!" I ask in shock and start jumping up and down with him while we scream with excitement together.

"You're famous Milo!" He says while throttling me back and forth and I nearly faint. 

*****

A short one, but don't worry I'll be back really quick I promise.

This book went through a bit of workshopping and I have a really good plot in store for you guys just stay with me!!!

My little brother's like...