15. Matty's Mistake

(MATTY POV)

Part One

"How do I look?" 

I ask my twin as she parks in the back of the school parking lot. I could already hear our fans cheering out names even with the windows rolled up and I turned to face my sibling. She pushes the engine button and sighs. Slowly unclipping her seatbelt before facing me. 

"You look like a cross between a trainwreck and a shit show. Now tell me..." She pauses and reaches forward, grabbing my chin and yanking me close.

"Are you wearing makeup!?" She asks and I feel the tears water up again, the pain of last night hit me harder than this morning.

"Did she hit you? What the fuck did you do to her..."

"I DID NOTHING!"

I yell out of frustration and Eli shoves me back.

"I can't help you unless you tell me," She says and I lean back in my seat, staring out the window where the paparazzi were currently scoping out pictures of us as we sat in the car.

"I...I..."

***

Flashback to last night

I stood outside my girlfriend's apartment with a small bouquet of flowers containing all her favorites. A list I had gathered from the past five years we've spent together. Reaching the elevator, I pulled out the key to her floor from my pocket. Stopping by her place for a visit to surprise her and tell her how much I love her and appreciate her, especially after all the bullshit the press drove her through. 

It had been a long day of busting my ass in the recording studio since we were doing one of my favorite genres this week and there was no way in hell I was going to let the song be anything less than perfect.

But now I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was relax while holding my girl in my arms and listen to her talk about her day. Cuddling with her and taking in her soft scent of innocent flowers laid out to dry.

When I got out of the elevator and walked inside, it was dark so I thought maybe she went out with her mom for the night or something. I walked into the kitchen to drop off the flowers and leave them as a surprise before turning to go back home when I heard a sound leave the living room. 

A loud high pitched moan followed and it sounded a lot like Ivy and curious, I walked over to the living room archway and froze in place. 

And there she was...

My beautiful, loyal, compassionate girlfriend...

Straddling my best friend,

Thomas Jackson.

I paused as she slid on top of a fully clothed Thomas in nothing but her matching red lace underwear, pinning his arms down as she kissed him. 

"IVY!" 

He coughs out her name in confusion and she stops as he breaks from her grip, pushing back on her delicate shoulders to keep her from kissing him again. It was then she made eye contact with me and screamed. Thomas looked back and instantly jumped up, leaving Ivy to fall to the floor.

"Matty! It's not what it looks like I swear!" He's quick to defend himself and I bite my lip, clenching my fists until I was sure they were white and I point to the door.